Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2016, 09:11 PM
Ascottie75
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitron coilovers.

Hi all.

Has anyone had any experience with these, im thinking about buying a set for my Spec C.
Old 12 September 2016, 03:51 AM
MeisterR
Former Sponsor

What are you using the suspension for?
And which version are you looking at?

Jerrick
Old 12 September 2016, 10:10 AM
2pot
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

http://bbs.22b.com/forums/showthread...ghlight=nitron
Old 12 September 2016, 06:59 PM
Ascottie75
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by MeisterR
What are you using the suspension for?
And which version are you looking at?

Jerrick
Hi.
The car is only used on sunny days as a toy, i did my first trackday at Bedford the other week so i may find myself doing more next year.

The reason i posted the Nitron is because they look like a very well made quality bit of kit, i think my Spec C deserves quality suspension. Even after getting John @ BAD to rebuild my Teins they still don't feel great.

Ive seen that RCM are a stockist of these, id like the R3 but maybe a bit over kill for my needs.

Thanks bud.
Old 12 September 2016, 07:06 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

The nitrons are hard to beat, but IMO competition use only,
A happy medium would be kW v3 or the GT1 from miester r but unfortunately not many reviews and tests flying about yet still.
Old 12 September 2016, 07:16 PM
Ascottie75
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
The nitrons are hard to beat, but IMO competition use only,
A happy medium would be kW v3 or the GT1 from miester r but unfortunately not many reviews and tests flying about yet still.
Thanks bud, that's what i was thinking. Shame.

Im not being funny but isn't Miester, BC etc.... Just cheap Chinese junk with all or nothing damper settings?
Aren't they all the same but just stickered up differently and all made with cheap components?
Old 12 September 2016, 07:28 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ascottie75

Im not being funny but isn't Miester, BC etc.... Just cheap Chinese junk with all or nothing damper settings?
Aren't they all the same but just stickered up differently and all made with cheap components?
Well lol, that's what I said a while back, but belive they are reworked, the gt1 seem to be a custom unit to compete with ohlins apparently, I'm yet to see more reviews, the few I've read have been positive but need more.
The other miester ones yes are a bit cheap, bc type cheap but a lot seem to like them, but then again a lot seem to like Bc too (I don't) so I can't say.
But I belive the gt1 are meant to be a decent top notch unit and jerrick is very confident of it also made with BAD suspension.
Who knows hey but I'm awaiting for some more reviews before I take the plunge as my plans for coilovers keep getting delayed

The kW at least you know what your getting, well built unit and won't degrade over time, barley will need a rebuilt and will last for ages and a well known quality unit, but only point to mention is you'll need top mounts as believe they don't come with them. So factor that in, oe, group n or whiteline c max etc will vary on price on total package for which top mount you go with.
Old 12 September 2016, 07:42 PM
Ascottie75
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Well lol, that's what I said a while back, but belive they are reworked, the gt1 seem to be a custom unit to compete with ohlins apparently, I'm yet to see more reviews, the few I've read have been positive but need more.
The other miester ones yes are a bit cheap, bc type cheap but a lot seem to like them, but then again a lot seem to like Bc too (I don't) so I can't say.
But I belive the gt1 are meant to be a decent top notch unit and jerrick is very confident of it also made with BAD suspension.
Who knows hey but I'm awaiting for some more reviews before I take the plunge as my plans for coilovers keep getting delayed

The kW at least you know what your getting, well built unit and won't degrade over time, barley will need a rebuilt and will last for ages and a well known quality unit, but only point to mention is you'll need top mounts as believe they don't come with them. So factor that in, oe, group n or whiteline c max etc will vary on price on total package for which top mount you go with.
Thanks mate, i will have a look at the KW.

I think the problem with the Miesters is they are a budget coilover that they have tried to make better, i guess people still see them as cheap.
Old 12 September 2016, 07:47 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

They are cheap at circa £700 or something, the gt1 are £1500 or £1299 at reduced price till they get more out there but seems to be going slow.

I think most just think pay extra and buy blistein or kW and the likes.

The kW are on my list but was interested in the gt1 but sitting back and waiting for reviews, I read a review from a guy over at mlr and he improved his times quite a bit and got podium finishes 3 times using gt1 so thought for the price they might actually be good, but as said still sat on the fence a bit with that
Old 12 September 2016, 07:51 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Also I believe jerrick offers a no quibble garuntee on the gt1s so that must say something, lifetime warranty on the internal parts also.
Old 13 September 2016, 05:58 AM
MeisterR
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ascottie75

Might seems bias, but I honestly lost count of the amount of customers who have swap out Tein, KW, Bilstein, etc. to go to MeisterR "budget" ZetaCRD coilovers.
Having the right suspension specification designed by a vehicle dynamic engineer makes a huge difference to performance.

People say budget suspension such as MeisterR are made out of cheap component, then when I break it down the raw material specs to them, they go quiet because there is absolutely nothing wrong.

I have spot check our damper body tube and the internal deviation over the full length was 7 micron (I like to see ANYONE do better).
We have a "UK patent pending" locking collar design that we engineered in house.

We do all of the CRD (Close Ratio Damping) valving in house at our UK workshop.
This is unique to us, no one else will use the same valving.
Not BC, not D2, not HSD, etc, etc.

I can tell you the damper setting isn't all or nothing.
If anything, the damper are match to the springs, have real adjustment as well real application for it's adjustments.

The amount of dampers that are rubbish but covered by a good name in the suspension industry are huge.
I have put expensive 3-way adjustable dampers on the dyno, and the remote reservoir adjusted NOTHING on the dyno.
I have put name brand suspension on the dyno that on full hard have something like 200% critical damping force (You do not really want more than 100% critical damping force).

The GT1 are a completely different level of suspension in terms of technicality.
The GT1 are design to compete with the likes of Ohlins DFV, and uses material that most suspension under £3000 will not even consider using due to cost (such as CNC polyurethane shaft seals).
We are able to provide such material to our GT1 suspension because we have the ability, the expertise, and the equipment to make them in house.

Try to get a ride with someone on BC and MeisterR.
The GT1 are way beyond anything most "off the shelf" suspension can offer.
But even our "budget" ZetaCRD coilovers will out perform many other suspension simply because it was engineered correctly using vehicle dynamic principle.

Even if the suspension looks the same and have the same springs rate, i guarantee you that you can feel the ride is different.
That is because our damper valving specs are design to work with UK fast road uneven surface as well as track use, and those specs makes all the difference in how a suspension feel and perform.

Jerrick
Old 13 September 2016, 06:14 AM
MeisterR
Former Sponsor

They are cheap at circa £700 or something, the gt1 are £1500 or £1299 at reduced price till they get more out there but seems to be going slow.

I think most just think pay extra and buy blistein or kW and the likes.

The kW are on my list but was interested in the gt1 but sitting back and waiting for reviews, I read a review from a guy over at mlr and he improved his times quite a bit and got podium finishes 3 times using gt1 so thought for the price they might actually be good, but as said still sat on the fence a bit with that
By the way, if you are looking at racing result, here is a recent one:
http://www.houscca.com/solo/results/yep2016.php

Look at Class STR, and we have 4 more race to go.
We help out a driver name Lucio D'sep, who is currently in 2nd place in this year in his S2000.

Race 1 - Race 5: MeisterR ZetaCRD coilovers
Race 6 - Race 8: MeisterR GT1 coilovers

Since installing the GT1 coilovers, Lucio been winning every race.
We are catching Robert Horton who had a massive lead in this championship.

So what happen?
Robert's S2000 CR (Club Racer is a special edition that is lighter than the standard S2000) is a fully prepared national level auto solo car.
Lucio's S2000 is a standard model street car with some mods thrown in, and is driven on the road as well as on the track.
As you can imagine, we weren't competitive against such a prepared car.

So we decided to throw comfort out the window and spec a more bespoke race setup using the GT1 system.
The result can be seen here, and it is certainly raising a few eye brows over here in the Houston racing community.
We have 4 more race, and we intend to do our best to win it in 2016.

You might wonder what suspension Robert is running in his car?
JRZ RS Pro 2-way adjustable suspension.
Basically, even with the GT1 coilovers, our suspension is still only 1/3 the price of Robert's suspension.

Not saying the MeisterR is better, but we are certainly showing result with such a "budget" setup in the racing world.

Jerrick