Notices

Rear roll bar upgrade for blob eye WRX

Search this Thread

Old 15 August 2016, 12:39 PM
aaron_ions
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear roll bar upgrade for blob eye WRX

Hi all. What do you guys run on the rear of your blobs for a decent fast road spec? I'm looking to reduce the understeer and get better turn in on my 2004 blob WRX. I know that for the classic the general rule was to fit a 22mm on the rear with solid links if your leaving the front stock. So as its a blobeye with the heavier body would you go for a 24mm on the rear, solid links and leave the front stock for nice balance on the road?

Also, off what cars are the rear roll bar the same in case there's any used ones up for grabs. From what iv'e read, the STI Newage is different altogether, but will any items off classics fit?

TIA
Old 15 August 2016, 04:04 PM
TECHNOPUG
Scooby Regular

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Go for a 3-way adjustable such as Whiteline and then you can set it just how you like.
Old 15 August 2016, 04:16 PM
Scooby-Mark
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by aaron_ions
Hi all. What do you guys run on the rear of your blobs for a decent fast road spec? I'm looking to reduce the understeer and get better turn in on my 2004 blob WRX. I know that for the classic the general rule was to fit a 22mm on the rear with solid links if your leaving the front stock. So as its a blobeye with the heavier body would you go for a 24mm on the rear, solid links and leave the front stock for nice balance on the road?

Also, off what cars are the rear roll bar the same in case there's any used ones up for grabs. From what iv'e read, the STI Newage is different altogether, but will any items off classics fit?

TIA

Hi,

I had a Whiteline 3 way adjustable on my old 2005 car and it transformed the handling, As the other guy said you have the option to adjust it, although in the end I never bothered altering it.
On my current 05 STI I have an Ultra racing rear ARB. both had / have solid droplinks too.

If yours is a 2004 wrx you can't use the 2005 STI onwards as it is the widetrack, but the wrx and non widetrack STI rear bars are ok. not sure if classic would fit, I don't think they do to be honest.

Mark.
Old 15 August 2016, 04:26 PM
aaron_ions
Scooby Regular

Oh right OK, i'm with you. So as long as it's a Newage non-widetrack it should fit no problem. Thanks for that.

I will deffo be going for a 3 way adjustable one but i'm just not so sure what the best base point would be - 22 or 24mm. I've done a bit of reading and mostly coming across posts saying that on the newage, fit a 24mm bar on the rear as opposed to 22mm on rear of a classic when running stock front ARB. Scoobyworld do currently have the 22mm Whiteline rear bar 3 way adjustable and solid links in stock. The 24mm one is currently out of stock though until december so the site says.

Do you by any chance know the thickness of the bars you've had on your cars? Thanks. Aaron.
Old 15 August 2016, 04:49 PM
Scooby-Mark
Scooby Regular

Yeah none widetrack and you should be fine.

I know my Ultra racing is a 23mm, I think the whiteline I had was a 22mm

Mark.
Old 15 August 2016, 05:59 PM
aaron_ions
Scooby Regular

thanks
Old 15 August 2016, 11:33 PM
TECHNOPUG
Scooby Regular

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooby-Mark
Yeah none widetrack and you should be fine.

I know my Ultra racing is a 23mm, I think the whiteline I had was a 22mm

Mark.
The 22mm WL is 22mm on the softest setting.
Old 16 August 2016, 12:08 AM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

I have a brand new whiteline 22mm adjustable ARB with bushes still in its wrapping that may fit your car. Was purchased for my 2006 hawkeye WRX but I never got round to fitting it before selling the car.

Also have new front whiteline bushes for standard bar size and brand new full CDF Racing drop link set. All about to go up for sale, just not got round to putting adverts up yet. Send me PM if you're interested. Cheers.
Old 16 August 2016, 05:33 PM
aaron_ions
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing
I have a brand new whiteline 22mm adjustable ARB with bushes still in its wrapping that may fit your car. Was purchased for my 2006 hawkeye WRX but I never got round to fitting it before selling the car.

Also have new front whiteline bushes for standard bar size and brand new full CDF Racing drop link set. All about to go up for sale, just not got round to putting adverts up yet. Send me PM if you're interested. Cheers.
if i can get confirmation it will fit, i may be interested in the bar and drop links fro rear bar only. thanks
Old 16 August 2016, 05:42 PM
aaron_ions
Scooby Regular

Just had a look if part no is bsr36z it should fit. (wrx03-07) pm me if it is and well talk.. cheers, Aaron.
Old 17 August 2016, 10:23 AM
sivo
Scooby Regular

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

22mm whiteline rear and spec c 20mm up front.
On stock jdm suspension it really is as good as it gets for our bumpy roads.
24mm will bite your **** off and have you facing the other way or worse if your pushing too hard.
24mm rear and stock front is dangerous if err you drive your car properly and 100% get a taxi if it's raining

Siv
Old 17 August 2016, 11:11 AM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by aaron_ions
if i can get confirmation it will fit, i may be interested in the bar and drop links fro rear bar only. thanks
No problem. The CDF kit is the full front & rear kit, I won't split and sell only the rears by themselves though. Sorry