Notices

XYZ coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2016, 08:48 PM
Andyd1888
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XYZ coilovers

Has anyone fitted these xyz coilovers and how do you find them ,thinking on getting a set for a blobeye wagon . Cheers andy
Old 11 June 2016, 10:56 PM
MeisterR
Former Sponsor

Any specific reason for the XYZ Coilovers?

Jerrick
Old 11 June 2016, 11:26 PM
Andyd1888
Scooby Regular

No just Havent really heard much about them , been advised to avoid the bc,s and tein coilovers as there meant to be a noisy / crashy for a daily driver . Was also thinking about the pedders sportsryder setup as have heard some good reviews about them but there non adjusable and having the ability to set ride height and damping appeals to me .

Last edited by Andyd1888; 11 June 2016 at 11:53 PM.
Old 11 June 2016, 11:42 PM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Received 174 Likes on 128 Posts

The majority (if not all) aftermarket coilovers are unfortunately made for carpet smooth roads.
Old 11 June 2016, 11:51 PM
Andyd1888
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fpan
The majority (if not all) aftermarket coilovers are unfortunately made for carpet smooth roads.
And theres not many roads like that about , is it the aluminium top mounts that make them so crashy ? Have got a set of bilstein ps9 s fitted to the other car but they have rubber top mounts at the front and seperate shocks n springs at the rear so it doesent seem to noisy ,
Old 12 June 2016, 03:48 PM
MeisterR
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by fpan
I would say that is not true, properly designed fast road coilovers are made for uneven road surfaces.

Coilovers like the MeisterR ZetaCRD, MeisterR GT1, Ohlins DFV, Bilstein PSS9, are a few off the top of my head that I can say are designed for and will work well on uneven road surfaces.

If you get some "racing" coilovers and throw it on the country road, it will be a painful ride.

Jerrick
Old 12 June 2016, 04:42 PM
Andyd1888
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MeisterR
I would say that is not true, properly designed fast road coilovers are made for uneven road surfaces.

Coilovers like the MeisterR ZetaCRD, MeisterR GT1, Ohlins DFV, Bilstein PSS9, are a few off the top of my head that I can say are designed for and will work well on uneven road surfaces.

If you get some "racing" coilovers and throw it on the country road, it will be a painful ride.

Jerrick
I do find the bilsteins on the other car to be very comfortable and quiet , Are the meister r coilovers made to order as they seem to be out of stock on your website ,
Old 13 June 2016, 05:22 AM
MeisterR
Former Sponsor

We have quite the demand for the new ZetaCRD so we ran out of stock pretty quickly.
We are getting new stock produced ASAP, we could put up a group buy if there are interests in them.

Jerrick
Old 13 June 2016, 07:33 AM
Steve's Sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Andyd1888
And theres not many roads like that about , is it the aluminium top mounts that make them so crashy ? Have got a set of bilstein ps9 s fitted to the other car but they have rubber top mounts at the front and seperate shocks n springs at the rear so it doesent seem to noisy ,
I can vouch for the meister r's coilovers as i was sceptical, i had ppp springs on my car and on most road surfaces the car was quite bouncy. However with the coilovers setup for track use i soften them slightly for the road and it is less bouncy for myself, for the money theyre defo worth it plus you can get more camber out of the front 🖒
Old 13 June 2016, 08:05 AM
stickertone
Scooby Regular

Default Xyz coilovers

I got a set of these on my classic. Perfect bit of kit, lots of adjustment, no noises, not too bad to install,great value fir money, same as bc's in every way but cheaper 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
Old 13 June 2016, 09:07 AM
Andyd1888
Scooby Regular

We have quite the demand for the new ZetaCRD so we ran out of stock pretty quickly.
We are getting new stock produced ASAP, we could put up a group buy if there are interests in them.

Jerrick
Would be intrested in the goup buy but when would you be starting it and how long before delivery as im looking to get something sorted for the wagon soon ??
Old 13 June 2016, 05:11 PM
Andyd1888
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by stickertone
I got a set of these on my classic. Perfect bit of kit, lots of adjustment, no noises, not too bad to install,great value fir money, same as bc's in every way but cheaper 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
Cheers bud , your the first person to give any feedback on these ,
Old 13 June 2016, 05:13 PM
Andyd1888
Scooby Regular

Jerrick
Do you or have you tried any of the scottish forums for a group buy , not many up here have heard them ..
Old 13 June 2016, 07:15 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

Had a set of XYZ 6pot 330mm front brakes on and found them excellent only changed cause upgraded the rears to 335mm AP 4pots then stupidity got the better of me and upgraded the fronts to AP 356mm 6pots so they looked the same. Can vouch for the XYZ stuff alright. 6pots would be for sale complete with new pads if anyone wants them.
Old 13 June 2016, 07:44 PM
Andyd1888
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 1509joe
Had a set of XYZ 6pot 330mm front brakes on and found them excellent only changed cause upgraded the rears to 335mm AP 4pots then stupidity got the better of me and upgraded the fronts to AP 356mm 6pots so they looked the same. Can vouch for the XYZ stuff alright. 6pots would be for sale complete with new pads if anyone wants them.
Out of curiousity how much for the six pots mate ,
Old 14 June 2016, 05:35 AM
MeisterR
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Andyd1888
Do you or have you tried any of the scottish forums for a group buy , not many up here have heard them ..
I haven't actually, if you to a few forum you can recommend, happy to work something out.
We have been crazy busy after finalising the ZetaCRD, building new website, and starting up the MeisterR USA office.

So it has been a bit manic.

Jerrick
Old 14 June 2016, 05:15 PM
Andyd1888
Scooby Regular

I haven't actually, if you to a few forum you can recommend, happy to work something out.
We have been crazy busy after finalising the ZetaCRD, building new website, and starting up the MeisterR USA office.

So it has been a bit manic.

Jerrick
Sounds like youve been busy lately Jerrick ,, you could try putting something on the main scottish forums ..WWW.ScottishScoobies. Net .. Im a member of this one .... Also WWW.P1woc.co.uk ,,,, alot of nice cars on these two ...and there also a Facebook group called Scottish Subaru Owners Club ,, or as we in scottishscoobies call them . The Enemy . Lol . Club rivals at shows we go to !! it may help with group buys and promoting your products a bit more up here .

Last edited by Andyd1888; 14 June 2016 at 05:17 PM.