Notices

Which Coilover kit for STi UK?

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2002, 08:59 AM
Blitz
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I'm looking to buy a set of coilovers for my STi Type UK, but I was wondering who make inverted strut type coilovers, or does this matter?

The two main runners are Bilstein PSS9, or possibly Leda.

Any comments greatfully received.

B
Old 08 June 2002, 09:15 AM
RichiB
Scooby Regular

Blitz:

If you are looking for a quality set-up with an inverted insert then the billys are your best choice, get them you won't be disapointed. £1070.00 + VAT

Rich
Old 09 June 2002, 08:19 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

DTS I disagree I'm afraid.I've had Ledas fitted to my STi7.Chose Ledas because I got a second hand kit at a reasonable price and they are quite close to me.They make a big difference on the car.It makes an excellent car unbeatable.I can corner literally twice as fast as I could before the set up with complete confidence.DTS maybe because you're still breaking yours in you have'nt found the limits yet?
Old 09 June 2002, 10:23 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Smile

DTS I was'nt trying to do a 'mine is faster than yours' routine.My comment about you perhaps still breaking the car in was also innocent,it was just a thought.If you have issues with the quality of the Ledas that is your right since you have owned a couple of sets,and I must say the OEM ones do look of a far higher quality.But I promise you there is a significant positive difference with the Ledas fitted(and I'm sure that would go for the Bilsteins aswell).As for saving Blitz money I thought your motto was 'live fast die broke'(or something like that!!)
Old 10 June 2002, 09:01 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Smile

DS

Fair comment. LOL, you are right about my motto being "live fast, die poor" - but I wouldn't inflict that on others...
Old 13 June 2002, 06:20 PM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Blitz

We've put Ledas on 9 STi7 cars, Deep's included, and all owners have reported an excellent improvement in turn in, overall grip and body control.

The thing that most owners say is that the car loses the nervousness which it can suddenly acquire on the standard dampers.

Best of all, ride is not sacrificed for these gains.
Old 06 August 2002, 09:10 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

We have run two MY01 WRX's with Leda, and now running two STi7's with standard suspension.

It's your money, but IMHO the STi setup is good and we will fit the Prodrive springs when they are available - it doesn't need the Leda.

[Edited by Dave T-S - 6/8/2002 9:11:55 AM]

Trending Topics

Old 06 September 2002, 09:33 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

DS

Twice as fast? A 70mph corner now at 140mph?

Still breaking mine in? Er, no - ask Mutant Matt, JGriff or John Felstead who have been out in it, been in front of it, or behind it

I am glad you are happy with the Leda, but I personally would not let it anywhere near our STi7's as IMHO the standard suspension is better. Leda are close to you? (and only 20 minutes away from us) - handy for a rebuild then

We will have to agree to differ however, and certainly do not want to get into a "my STi7 corners faster than yours " argument......yours may well do so

My original comment was to try and save Blitz some money. I guess the obvious thing is he has a go in yours then

[Edited by Dave T-S - 6/9/2002 9:37:59 PM]