New 06 hawkeye wrx- AST shocker help

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2015, 01:59 PM
Leedebo
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 06 hawkeye wrx- AST shocker help

Ey up guys,

Brand new to scoobynet so would like to say a quick hello before asking to pick your brains!!

I've just bought my first Impreza ( hawkeye wrx 06 in black ) waited years to be able to afford one!

It has adjustable AST coil overs all round how ever I'm having trouble with the NS rear.

It had standard wrx 17" wheels on which were running fine but. have been swapped to 18" Wr1 replicas

The trouble is the NS rear is slightly rubbing on the arch as for some reason it doesn't fit entirely into the arch as the rest do. Have checked the wheels individually and swapped the rears and know both wheels are spot on.

With the AST shockers is it possible to adjust the camber as the rest seem fine and it's just the one problem with the NS rear.

Any advice or tips would be much appreciated as this is bugging the life out of me and is stopping the car from being 100%

Thanks in advance!

Lee.

Ps.s have adjusted the ride height to compensate but no joy from this, it has merely improved! And this is with only the driver in never mind passengers in the rear!

Thanks again!
Old 21 October 2015, 05:50 PM
ricodjs
Scooby Regular

Default Tyres

Hi Lee,
I had a very similar issue with my Hawk MY07 wagon when I fitted Pedders struts on the rear.
Interestingly enough, when I switched from Goodyear Eagle F1s to Michelin Pilot Sport 3s on there, it pretty much resolved the issue.
I think it was partly the shape of the tyre and partly the solidity of the Michelins that fixed it.
So not exactly the answer you wanted, I don't think, but it may be a cheaper workaround?

hth
Richard
Old 22 October 2015, 02:38 PM
Jonnys3
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Which Pedders are you running on ? I didn't think they were designed to fit Wagons ?
Old 22 October 2015, 02:45 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonnys3
Which Pedders are you running on ? I didn't think they were designed to fit Wagons ?
they arn't
Old 24 October 2015, 10:29 PM
Leedebo
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by ricodjs
Hi Lee,
I had a very similar issue with my Hawk MY07 wagon when I fitted Pedders struts on the rear.
Interestingly enough, when I switched from Goodyear Eagle F1s to Michelin Pilot Sport 3s on there, it pretty much resolved the issue.
I think it was partly the shape of the tyre and partly the solidity of the Michelins that fixed it.
So not exactly the answer you wanted, I don't think, but it may be a cheaper workaround?

hth
Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the reply, had some serious internet issues too so sorry for the late reply!

Think the problem is more than we thought initially, only been using the car to and from work recently and was just scraping, however took it on dual carriage way the other night. Some serious wobble coming from the back end. Taking it back the the garage that it was bought from as they've promised to sort it free of charge!

Will let you guys know how it goes!

Thanks again,

Lee