Notices

broken tein rear top mounts

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2015, 06:36 PM
V1WRC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default broken tein rear top mounts

Hi everyone, today I was in the process of cleaning my rear wheel arches ready to be undersealed and cavity waxed when I felt something drop on my head. It was part of my rear top mount! There are 3 studs and the corner piece around the stud has just fallen off. Looking at the strut there are 2 missing no, which leaves one just hanging in there! Has anybody had or heard of this fault? Also does anybody know a rough price of new mounts? Or the best option, possibly a decent fabricators to make new ones or standard mounts?
Old 09 May 2015, 06:38 PM
V1WRC
Scooby Regular

Default broken mount

Not impressed
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1260.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	302.5 KB
ID:	18962  
Old 09 May 2015, 06:43 PM
V1WRC
Scooby Regular

You can see where it is just crumbling away
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1265.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	291.6 KB
ID:	18963  
Old 09 May 2015, 07:42 PM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Pretty common, especially when they are not cleaned and left soiled in dirt and grim.

At least the spider looks happy

Speak to AS Performance he will have mounts for sale.
Old 15 May 2015, 05:48 PM
grmc
Scooby Newbie

The exact same thing just happened to me. They've only been on for 30k miles and the Tein rear top mounts just disintegrated. The car is always kept clean (wheel arches always jetted out) and it's not had a lot of use at all in the last five years, coming out only occasionally. I have enjoyed much better wear from stock equipment which has been treated way more harshly. Tein aren't interested in supporting their shoddy delicate kit once it's on your car; they never are once they have your money.

I have their 'super street' suspension with EDFC and one of the front shocks failed literally a year and a couple of weeks after they'd been fitted and Tein used the 'out of warranty' getout and charged to repair it. They weren't the slightest bit interested that their own web site at that time claimed the parts were good 'for the equivalent of 10 years road use'. This, despite the car only covering about 7k miles and it clearly being a defective part. My dealer sucked up the cost on that one because there was no way I was going to pay for the replacement and the cost of setting the car up all over again on account of Tein poor quality and lack of customer service.

Tein don't give a hoot about customer satisfaction, steer well clear of them unless you don't mind paying over and over again to replace their shoddy stuff.

I hear Eibach are running rings around Tein nowadays. I'll never touch Tein again and I won't be recommending them to anyone.
Old 15 May 2015, 06:35 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Can't you just put group n rear top mounts on instead? Or even just oe ones. It's quite common for the rears to knock or fail more so than the fronts.