Upgraded to ver 7/8 gold Sti alloys

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2015, 08:32 PM
PhilWrx100
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgraded to ver 7/8 gold Sti alloys

Hi all.
I have a Wrx 2005 l and I've changed my wheels to v 7/8 Sti gold alloys with 225/45 17 tyres. They look so much better now.

The only thing that I am noticing is if I brake hard I feel a slight wobble from the front tyres. Also the car doesn't seem so precise as the std 215 wide wrx wheels in the bends. They don't slip at all though. Hard to put my finger on it...
Perhaps the std wrx wheels are better for the wrx set up? And the wider ones are more suited to the Sti set up? The setup I have at the moment for the suspension is completely standard. I'm thinking upgrading the arb bushes front/back and stiffer springs.
Any comments welcome and thanks in advance.
Phil
Old 28 April 2015, 11:14 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilWrx100
Hi all.
I have a Wrx 2005 l and I've changed my wheels to v 7/8 Sti gold alloys with 225/45 17 tyres. They look so much better now.

The only thing that I am noticing is if I brake hard I feel a slight wobble from the front tyres. Also the car doesn't seem so precise as the std 215 wide wrx wheels in the bends. They don't slip at all though. Hard to put my finger on it...
Perhaps the std wrx wheels are better for the wrx set up? And the wider ones are more suited to the Sti set up? The setup I have at the moment for the suspension is completely standard. I'm thinking upgrading the arb bushes front/back and stiffer springs.
Any comments welcome and thanks in advance.
Phil

Perhaps a tracking or geo tweak may sort it, but are the wheels balanced?
Old 29 April 2015, 06:31 AM
PhilWrx100
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for reply Trooper.
Yes they were all balanced at the refurbisher 's. So no wobble at speed. Just feels like tyre flex? Perhaps this is all it is. I think I'll get geo looked into as you mentioned.
Phil