Notices

Advice on Trackday Coilovers for Classic

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2015, 06:47 PM
VitruvianJ
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on Trackday Coilovers for Classic

I am looking for a set of coilovers for my classic. It’s pretty much just a trackday car and will have the occasional trip to the ‘Ring, so comfort isn’t so much an issue, more the performance and reliability.

I will fit them myself, but will still need to get the geo setup and possibly fit a roll center kit so I don’t want to spend too much. Thinking £900 budget.

I was looking the BC Racing, RM series as BC seem very popular, although also many people on here don’t seem to rate them. I’ve looked at Tein but anything in my budget seems designed more for road than track.

Spax are also a consideration, seem very reasonable and look well-made but I can’t find as much info on them. Also, they don’t have adjustable top mounts, so I’m not sure they will be as easy to get the best geo setup. SPAX also don’t supply damping rate. What are people opinions on these?
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/coilover-suspension-kits/car/subaru/impreza-93-01-gc-wrx-sti/spax-rsx-coilover-suspension-kit-lowers-10-50mm

One last question!.. the BC’s usually come with a damping rate of 6kg front and 5 kg rear. Is this the best option (regardless of brand) or would something else be recommended for a track car?

It’s a mine field to me so any help is much appreciated!
(if I asked any basic questions, I’m still learning!)

Thanks
Lee
Old 14 March 2015, 09:00 AM
daddyd
Scooby Regular

I have HSD monopro's on my classic, it is also mainly a trackday car, although i take it out on nice days for a small tour as well (and in belgium the roads are also bad). It is a very very nice kit, fully adjustable in height, camber, harshness.

They sell for 775 pounds here:
http://www.hsdcoilovers.com/hsd-coil...8-gdb-grb.html
Old 14 March 2015, 01:24 PM
VitruvianJ
Scooby Regular

Thanks. I like the look of the HSD Monopro. It's between these and the BC Racing RM Series now.

For the spring rate. What do people recommend for a classic used on track?