Notices

Spax coilovers gas filled knowledge required

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2015, 08:58 AM
Chris33
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spax coilovers gas filled knowledge required

Hi after a bit of info on these coilovers which I have fitted to a 94 classic they are spax rsx gas filled (think I got that right) or rx adjustable height not damping I have 18s fitted and have dropped it low for track use but on my test drive on British roads it's very jumpy and bouncy compared to my old set up of koni dampers (not height) adjustable these where a good compromise on soft setting for rd use and seemed great on the track when set to hard! Any recommendations on these spax shocks and will the ride get softer if I raise them or would they possibly need regassing as When the car sits stationary pushing on the car for some bounce nearly results in some panel damage lmao advice or info appreciated
Old 06 March 2015, 02:58 PM
lookout
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I suspect that you have no bump travel left when running very low. Which means that when going over a bump the car is effectively bottoming out and giving the feeling that you get launched :-)

I don't think Spax is a gas filled damper in the conventional sense. It is a hydraulic damper with a small gas filled pouch inserted in the second chamber. So no need to re-gas.

I would try to raise the car a bit to allow for some suspension travel.