Notices

Coilovers used to raise Sti above standard ride height

Search this Thread

Old 25 August 2014, 08:21 AM
south west motorsport
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coilovers used to raise Sti above standard ride height

Got a classic with a 22b kit on and i need to raise the car to enable me to fit new wheels or at least use spacers on my existing wheels. I have just put some BC's on straight out the box are about the same ride height as my original sti shocks/springs..... Does anyone know how low from factory the bc's are set at or at least if I can raise the suspension above the original sti height as its just too low as it is, all I need is about 20 or 30mm increase. Ben
Old 25 August 2014, 11:25 AM
scubbay
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by south west motorsport
Got a classic with a 22b kit on and i need to raise the car to enable me to fit new wheels or at least use spacers on my existing wheels. I have just put some BC's on straight out the box are about the same ride height as my original sti shocks/springs..... Does anyone know how low from factory the bc's are set at or at least if I can raise the suspension above the original sti height as its just too low as it is, all I need is about 20 or 30mm increase. Ben
A set of newage coilovers with the rear tops from the classic will give you the lift you need. I have a set available this week with 300 miles only if your interested.
Old 27 August 2014, 06:33 PM
south west motorsport
Scooby Regular

I don't want to replace what I have, only just been fitted, I'm hoping I can raise it higher using my current setup .
Old 27 August 2014, 07:13 PM
scubbay
Scooby Regular

I assumed by your username you (knew what you were doing and) had adjusted them up fully and they weren't high enough.
Why don't you wind them up to the desired height? Hard to believe you just fitted them out of the box!