BC coilover fitting & setup

Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2014, 11:10 PM
furkinfunscoobydoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb BC coilover fitting & setup

Hi Folks

Just got myself some new BC BR coilovers and will be fitting them to my blobeye wrx in the next week or so. The guides on here are very good and it looks like even with my limited capabilities I should have no real problem fitting them.

I am however a little confused on what the best settings are i.e. what the gap between the the upper and lower nuts should be as everyone has described different spacings. I will be putting my summer wheels on 18" with low profile tyres instead of the standard 17" so ideally need to lower the ride height.

Any suggestions on best practise would greatly be appreciated.

Cheers Craig
Old 05 April 2014, 03:03 PM
Tyre-fitter
Scooby Regular

Just remember when you get them fitted,take it to someone who knows about wheel alignment to set it up properly.

Andy.
Old 06 April 2014, 03:49 PM
trevsjwood
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by furkinfunscoobydoo
Hi Folks

Just got myself some new BC BR coilovers and will be fitting them to my blobeye wrx in the next week or so. The guides on here are very good and it looks like even with my limited capabilities I should have no real problem fitting them.

I am however a little confused on what the best settings are i.e. what the gap between the the upper and lower nuts should be as everyone has described different spacings. I will be putting my summer wheels on 18" with low profile tyres instead of the standard 17" so ideally need to lower the ride height.

Any suggestions on best practise would greatly be appreciated.

Cheers Craig
I have 8cm fronts/ 16cm rears thread showing between the top/bottom locking collars. Thats on my wrx wagon and it's low enough for me. Do the spring pre-load and adjust the bottoms to those figures, install and set the car down and see what you think, if any height adustment is needed it's just a case of spinning up/down the bottoms.
If the suspension hasn't been touched for a while don't under estimate how difficult it can be to take it off, particularly the rear lower clevis bolt which isn't easy to get at. Best to soak everything with a good penetrating oil a few hours beforehand and also you will need two good 19mm socket/ringspanners with 14"-16" leaverage.
Trev
Old 14 April 2014, 11:03 PM
gtowndon
Scooby Regular

i went for front 55mm and rears 130mm between top and bottom locknuts.
Old 15 April 2014, 04:20 AM
fawor
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had rears at 11.6 now 12.8
13cm seems ok.