Notices
Subaru Parts This forum contains Subaru parts offered for sale by our members only.

2.5" TSX-R lenses for the Hawk Xenon Projectors & Motimoto XB35 5000k bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2014, 07:00 PM
Muzza80
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2.5" TSX-R lenses for the Hawk Xenon Projectors & Motimoto XB35 5000k bulbs

A couple of bits I ordered for my Hawk as the leadlight lenses were clouding a little and the factory ones are not perfectly clear anyway.

Got them from The Retrofit Source in the US

www.theretrofitsource.com

(2.5") TSX-R Clear Lenses (premium) with spacer kit - https://www.theretrofitsource.com/pr...roducts_id=135

Basically replace the OEM lense in the projector with this optically clear lense which dramatically improves the output and the cutoff line of the existing projector. Ideal if the OEM lense is clouding or if you just want to improve the performance of your Xenon headlights. I'll include a roll of butyl sealant tape for properly re-sealing your headlights. £50

D2S: Morimoto XB35 - 5000k bulbs - http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...ducts_id=40562

The Morimoto XB35 D2S bulbs are the bulbs to have for those looking for a no-compromises D2S bulb that will perform lke an OEM, last like an OEM, and be compatible with OEM ballasts.
So whats the catch? OEM bulbs costing three times as much don't come with the variety of Kelvin ratings that the XB35's do, nor are they covered by a 5-Year warranty.

Compared to our standard 3Five bulbs, the XB35 uses a capsule with electrodes made for 50w ballasts, but is also cross compatible with 35w units. The fat-boy 8.8mm glass is more precisly set into the Philips-style base for the best distribution of light and cleanest projector cutoff line. They use a higher-grade halide salt mixture that's proprietary to the XB35 series, and more of it compared to the 3Five's for a longer lifespan. The bulbous glass surrounding the capsule distributes light more effectively through the optics inside the projectors.

One of TRS's newer offerings for an alternative solution to OE lighting. In 5000K these lights have an amazing output over anything offered by any other aftermarket product. These far exceed my level of expectation even compared to my previous generation of 3five bulbs in the same color temperature. If you are looking for a D2S replacement bulb for your application which offers superior output and a pure white light, your search is over. The choice is right here. The XB35.
£50

Let me know if your interested.

Cheers.

Last edited by Muzza80; 02 January 2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03 January 2014, 03:34 PM
Muzza80
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bump!