Notices
Subaru Parts This forum contains Subaru parts offered for sale by our members only.

Spares or repair forged engine

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2013, 05:37 PM
scoobywho2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spares or repair forged engine

Spares or repair forged engine.
I have decided to put my forged engine up for sale!

Unfortunately a few weeks ago when in for work with Neil@Slowboy racing he discovered there was low compression on cylinder 2, upon inspection there was debris found in injector 2 causing the cylinder to run lean and damage the piston. I thought the very minor smoke on startup was the turbo begining to go.

From my discussions with Neil regarding what would be needed to get it back running is a new piston and cylinder 2 de-glazing. Though he advises further inspection to give a full analysis.

I have decided not to have the engine repaired myself as I do not intend on keeping my Type R for much longer and have just spent £2000 on suspension upgrades, the original engine is back in making a very healthy 354bhp.

The engine was assembled by Dan@SSS on the 13/8/2011 at a cost of £3,882.25, the engine has covered 1864 miles in my ownership and had an average of 3-4k miles when I bought it so total would be the region of 6k miles.

I will try to answer any technical questions regarding repairs but will likely have to confirm with Neil@Slowboy racing.

Below is the spec and pictures of damage.

Semi closed deck block with oil squirters
V4 UK heads fully rebuilt with new valves & stem seals
Mahle 4032 Forged pistons
Manley forged connecting rods
Cosworth headgskets
Cosworth Kevlar timing belt
ACL Race series big end & main bearings

I have limited facilities to store this engine so would like a fairly quick sale.

I would like £700 though sensible cash offers will be entertained.

I think this would make a good project for someone or a fairly easy fix for someone who knows these engines well.

Thanks Colin