Notices
Subaru Parts This forum contains Subaru parts offered for sale by our members only.

Widetrack STI/Hawkeye STI nipple-modded OEM suspension with Prodrive Springs

Search this Thread

Old 10 August 2013, 06:55 PM
Fonzey
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Widetrack STI/Hawkeye STI nipple-modded OEM suspension with Prodrive Springs

As title really, I've just removed my OEM suspension with the (red) prodrive springs to install coilovers.

These will suit any widetrack Blobeye or Hawkeye STI.

For those not aware, the design flaw which causes the dreaded rear shock clunk can be resolved with the installation of a grease nipple to allow for the damping chamber to be greased properly. These shocks have had that treatment so would be a nice convenient swap for somebody experiencing the clunk without the tools/confidence to install the nipple themselves.

I'm not a certified mechanic so I can't offer any "guarantee" on the nipple modification, but I've driven the car without a single clunk for 6 months or so. I'm only changing as I'm aiming for a track orientated setup.

The prodrive springs also make an excellent upgrade in terms of handling.

Looking for £250 collected from YO8 postcode. I will drive up to 30miles to meet if needed.

I'll clean the suspension up tomorrow and get some photographs, they'll be sold with fresh nicely packed grease so expect a nice smooth and quiet shock absorbing experience