Notices
Subaru Parts This forum contains Subaru parts offered for sale by our members only.

B&M Quick Shift - 5 Speed

Search this Thread

Old 22 August 2012, 09:31 AM
sprigeteer
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default B&M Quick Shift - 5 Speed

Just about to take this off my gearbox today. It was one of my favourite mods. Gone 6 speed, so no use for it. Great bit of kit and I still have the original box. Not been on the car long and in great condition.

I will put pics up once off the car but if you are interested get in touch. Tranformed the grear shift feel/precision/times - well worth it. I'll be getting one for the 6 speed as soon as I can!

Price: £75 incl postage.

Description from a web site:
Product Description
Ideal for track or road use
Gives a whole new driving experience
Reduces gear shift travel by 21%
Highest quality materials used
B&M’s Lifetime warrantyWhat is a quick shift kit?
A quick shift kit simply replaces the original gear lever mechanism so that gear changes require less movement of the gear lever. A precision manufactured kit such as this B&M item will also greatly improve the speed and location of each gear change.
What are the benefits?
Driving a car with a quick shift is difficult to put into words. Ask anyone who’s used one and they’ll rave about how it simply ‘feels’ so much better. Positive and accurate gear changes not only improve your driving pleasure but they can improve your performance too. Less time is lost in the actual change, and there’s less chance of missing a gear.

Why fit one to the Impreza?
Mass produced cars always seem to have cheaply manufactured gear linkages. They may be OK at first, but a year or two down the line there’s so much slack in the gear change that shifting is more like stirring a bowl of porridge! Often the driver won’t even realise because the deterioration is so gradual.

Whether it’s being used for the street, track or strip this B&M shifter has all the features an Impreza enthusiast could want. The finest materials, CAD designed coupled with a throw that is reduced by 21%. The result is an extraordinary precision shifting system. B&M have included many key features usually found on race shifters such as a stainless steel stick assembly and a CNC machined aluminium pivot with dual needle bearings. The feel of the gear change is vastly improved resulting in a smooth sweet shift which complements the Impreza’s dynamics.

What’s included?
This kit includes a beautifully machined alloy lever with blue anodised detailing. It almost seems a shame to cover it up with a gaiter. The shifter is designed to accept the standard gear ****. Detailed fitting instructions and a new tube of lubricant are included.

Which models will this kit fit?
This B&M kit is suitable for the Impreza WRX (not US spec'), the STi7 and STi8. This shifter is not suitable for 6 speed models.

Last edited by sprigeteer; 22 August 2012 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Adding pictures
Old 22 August 2012, 12:12 PM
sprigeteer
Scooby Regular

Pictures added.
Old 22 August 2012, 05:28 PM
sprigeteer
Scooby Regular

SOLD!