Notices
Subaru Parts This forum contains Subaru parts offered for sale by our members only.

Reconditioned 4 pots *Updated with pics*

Search this Thread

Old 13 June 2012, 03:42 PM
stualex
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reconditioned 4 pots *Updated with pics*

You might have seen my wanted thread where I was searching for some 4 pots, I've ended up with 2 sets as the prices seemed good.

Anyway I'm refurbing both sets and the first set will be complete tonight.

This set was sold to me quite cheap but 2 pistons on both calipers were seized and the seals were damaged which I wasn't told about. Well I planned to refurb them anyway so wasn't too bothered. I have completely stripped them down, split them in half, removed pistons and seals, scrubbed them, chemically steam cleaned them and removed any surface pitting from the pistons, 6 of the 8 had no pitting at all. Either way all pistons are fine. Whilst the calipers were split I masked them up and sprayed them with 3 coats of red engine paint over the course of 3 days, this paint will not only protect the metal but has given an excellent finish. I can also either paint the Subaru sign white or leave it red. They have been rebuilt using a genuine Subaru seal kit and pressure tested.

I will post up some pics when the second side is finished but thought I'd gauge interest on this first set.

Although I only paid £60 for the calipers they were pretty much ready for the scrap yard, I've spent the best part of 20 hours on these and £30 on a seal kit.

Am looking for £275 plus postage, wont be budging on price for a few days at least as there are plenty of people looking for a set of these. I think this is a fair price considering you know all 8 pistons are free and there will be no leaks.

I'm an EQA technician for Cummins engines so you can be assured this job has been done to a very high standard!

Cheers

Would be willing to do deals with the following parts:

- TD05 Turbo no elbow
- Walbro 255 fuel pump
- Electronic boost controller
- Apexi PFC
- 215 40 18 tyres

Or anything else which might be of interest to a 98 classic owner

Here's some pics detailing the rebuild:

Last edited by stualex; 13 June 2012 at 09:28 PM.