Notices
Subaru Parts This forum contains Subaru parts offered for sale by our members only.

Newage Carbon Fiber Roofs!!!

Search this Thread

Old 25 February 2012, 07:30 PM
AkCustomz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newage Carbon Fiber Roofs!!!

Following the success of the group buy on carbon fiber roofs for the classic scoobs made by 'ACR Composites'. Seen here https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-par...sics-only.html

They are now looking to produce some newage carbon roofs as they felt you guys were left out lol. I have to stress though i am not personally involved in making these im just the poor sod that is helping them get there name out there and saving my fellow scooby members a penny or two

At the moment they need a scooby roof donated though to make a mold and begin the process from there. So whoever can supply this im sure they will look after you price wise when it comes to to finished product. The roof would ideally need to be cut off at the bottom of the A, B, C pillars for sturdiness etc.

So if anyone can help with this that would be great. Just rely to me on this or pm if you like. Or you can get in touch with the main man Chris @ ACR himself his email is acr_composites@live.co.uk I have his number somewhere so i can pm that if you wish to contact him direct.

Also out of interest could i get a list of names now to see who would be interested in a roof? I will put a group buy thread up once Chris gets the ball rolling etc..

One more thing! lol I not upto date on my newage scoobs but is the bug/blob/hawk eye all the same roof? would make life easier lol
Old 25 February 2012, 10:10 PM
beardy01
Scooby Regular

Any chance I can get a classic roof or is it just Newage mate can you pm me incase I don't see the thread
Old 26 February 2012, 09:59 AM
kevfawcett
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could be interested, depending on price, same as many others I presume.

Would it be easier for ACR to have the car for a couple of weeks? and would they fit the roof or just make it?

Kev
Old 26 February 2012, 11:32 AM
Mattybr5@MB Developments
Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd be interested in 1 but sadly no roof to donate there welcome to have the car for a few weeks tho if there happy to make the mould off that
Old 26 February 2012, 05:58 PM
AkCustomz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by beardy01
Any chance I can get a classic roof or is it just Newage mate can you pm me incase I don't see the thread
They can still make you a cf roof for classic as they have the mold. But it will be at full retail price as the group buy discount had finished before xmas. PM Sent

Originally Posted by kevfawcett
I could be interested, depending on price, same as many others I presume.

Would it be easier for ACR to have the car for a couple of weeks? and would they fit the roof or just make it?

Kev
Yep all in good time lol. I will see if i can get a rough price out of him but in the meantime he is just looking for the roof. At the moment they can only make the cf roofs but i think they will be looking into fitting when enough of there products are out there etc.

Originally Posted by mattybr5@poleposition uk
I'd be interested in 1 but sadly no roof to donate there welcome to have the car for a few weeks tho if there happy to make the mould off that
I shall let Chris know about your offer Matt as your not far from them anyway but i think he would prefer a roof off a write off. Something to do with insurance issues with working on customer cars on his premises hence why he doesn't offer a fitting service for the roofs and only makes them.
Old 27 February 2012, 03:48 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

my car is down at Richard Henrys in Bradford, Chris did the mould off Andys Drag Car for the classic. If i get a carbon roof for free out of it, he can take my roof off for the mould. if not free, then it dont matter as track season is up and dont really wanna miss out.