Notices
Subaru Parts This forum contains Subaru parts offered for sale by our members only.

FOR SALE: Uprated GC8 Gearbox, Prop and Diff

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2011, 01:09 PM
Jenkins
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FOR SALE: Uprated GC8 Gearbox, Prop and Diff

After recently getting my hands on a 6 speed conversion, my old trans set-up is now for sale.
The gearbox (code TY754VN1AA) is taken from my UK Turbo 2000 (99) and was uprated earlier this year by GEARS in Southport, Merseyside. It now features their heavy duty 1st and 2nd gear selector fork and modified 3rd gear and selector shaft.
At the same time, they replaced the necessary bearings and seals.
The prop shaft was bought brand new in February 2010 after an 'offroad' excursion during the bad snow period. I managed to put the car in a ditch but when a tow truck pulled me out, the centre joint in the prop hooked on a tree root and killed the bearing and housing.
The rear diff has also been modified by GEARS who installed an LSD at the same time as the box rebuild.
Mileage on the box and diff is estimated at around 2400 miles since the uprated parts were installed. Ratios on the box are:

Reason for sale - as stated at the top, I've now got a 6 speed conversion and I'm aiming at cranking the power up to hopefully 500bhp. I've heard that the 5 speed box wont take that much grunt on a daily basis, plus the 6 speed I've bought has longer gear ratios so it should hopefully use a little less fuel day to day.

£750 the lot

(baring in mind it cost me just under £900 for the uprated work back in March)