Notices
Subaru Parts This forum contains Subaru parts offered for sale by our members only.

RCM 3" angled exhaust (backbox and resonated centre section)

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 2020, 01:56 PM
IainMilford
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts
Default RCM 3" angled exhaust (backbox and resonated centre section)

Here for sale is my RCM centre section with resonator and angled backbox, the system is a 3" and was part of my package running 677bhp and will easily flow more. The system is around 4 years old and only covered a few thousand miles during that time.

Overall in very good condition but there are a couple of small blemishes to mention, there is a small wear on the backbox where it rubbed against the driveshaft caused by the standard exhaust hangers flexing too much when exiting the karousell at the nurburgring (!) Once I changed to poly hangers it didnt rub again. The other (that i only just noticed as I was cleaning it before posting this advert) is that there is a slight dent by one of the rear hangers, I have only just noticed this when I was up close to it, it isnt visible when on the car and has absoutely no effect on performance, I could have probably got away without mentioning that but I like to be completely open.

This is one of the best exhausts on the market and sounds epic! I am only selling because I have had some issues with exceeding drive by sound checks on track, only when the boost has been turned up to 2 bar and the power reaches circa 550-600bhp, at lower levels it hasnt been a problem and on a static test at 4500rpm it reads 98db.

This was fitted to my blob but will fit newage and classic.

To help with fitment the centre section is 137cm and the backbox measures 98cm from flange to hanger. Please note unless you are running an RCM downpipe it is unlikely to be a straight fit and will probably require some change in length to your existing downpipe (or the centre section).

RCM part numbers are RCM368 for the centre section (rrp £359.99) and RCM369 for the backbox (rrp £419.99)

I am looking for £500 for the pair and will not split.

Collection preferred from weston-super-mare, courier can be arranged at buyers expense.

Old 14 July 2020, 01:10 AM
Hawkins 1995
Scooby Regular

Received 67 Likes on 43 Posts

If you get someone interested in the centre section I'll buy the back box off you
Old 14 July 2020, 07:07 AM
IainMilford
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Hawkins 1995
If you get someone interested in the centre section I'll buy the back box off you
I’ll bear that in mind but as it’s angled you need the centre section really (unless you already have an angled exhaust)
Old 14 July 2020, 08:26 AM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Have the same exhaust on my car...its quality!.SJ.
The following users liked this post:
Old 14 July 2020, 11:53 AM
Hawkins 1995
Scooby Regular

Received 67 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by IainMilford
I’ll bear that in mind but as it’s angled you need the centre section really (unless you already have an angled exhaust)
Champion cheers mate and yeah already have a angled exhaust
Old 14 July 2020, 09:43 PM
IainMilford
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Sold