Notices
Subaru Parts This forum contains Subaru parts offered for sale by our members only.

Widetrack STi - revised springs, bumpstops, goo

Search this Thread

Old 06 December 2017, 11:19 AM
Avalyn
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Widetrack STi - revised springs, bumpstops, goo

Folks,

I have for sale a set of lowering springs, bumpstops and special goo for a Hawkeye STi.

I got all of the items from PCA dynamics, as I was planning to rebuild my struts (using the supplied special goo), fit the new springs and bumpstops to try and improve the handling/ride of my 2007 Widetrack STi (before I sold it). I did not want to go down the coilover route.

See below Copied from an email from Peter at PCA dynamics below.

Yes I can help. I get the STI spring kits madeto order in the UK. They come finished in silver with the replacement frontbump stops, fitting instructions and revised geometry settings. Though they arestiffer than standard they re-balance the ride and make it more comfortable.That STI 'bobbing' is significantly reduced and the initial turn in is sharper.The initial understeer is reduced so you don't have to commit the throttle soearly in a corner to get the front diff to do its job. I can currently get aset in between 1 and 2 weeks and the cost is £339.60. Courier deliveryis £13.50. If you are going to strip the front and rear struts I'd recommendusing some special grease specifically for inverted mono-tubes. It's got theconsistency of soft cheese! I can get enough to do all 4 struts sent directlyfrom Bilstein for £24 including delivery. I can also supply revised rear bumpstops that add a little more compliance to the ride. They were used on theRB320. They are £28.80 a pair.

I paid £400 for the items delivered and am looking for £250 + P&P.

Nice Xmas present for someone
Old 07 December 2017, 02:10 PM
Avalyn
Scooby Regular

Sold
Old 08 December 2017, 06:51 PM
uxon
Scooby Regular

Why did you sell it? I was waiting for your impressions