Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

Classic impreza 1999 uk200 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 25 January 2014, 08:15 AM
acidk1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classic impreza 1999 uk200 turbo

SUBARU IMPREZA 2.0 TURBO 1999

Has high mileage but engine has been replaced previously with an engine with lower miles, so it on about 80,000 i think i was told. It was done by the previous owner but there is no paperwork, but i had no reason to doubt him when i met him.
There are stamps in the history book, up till about 2007 i think, with detail of where it was bought from and by what company. but its not complete, has tax and test till May 2014.

Bodywork is of age, Has some small dents 'car park dent' and stone chipping to the bumper.

Modifications:
Lightly modified:-

-Front mount intercooler with hard piping (intercooler was sprayed silver, but seems to be chipping off to green)
-Induction kit
-Exhaust, big, shiney when washed.
-RSS Alloy wheels with good tread on front tyres, rear are low but legal
-Bailey motorsport dump valve, goes psssshhh on clutch depress, pre warns anyone to get out the way.
-3 gauge pod, 1 is an anologue boost gauge in psi, the other is a digital boost gauge in another boost language (cause im just that good) and the last is a fual gauge not wired up.
-groved front disks with 4 pot calipers.
-high level rear spoiler with 3rd brake light
-56bhp japanese sticker on the windscreen.
-High level bonnet scoop blowing onto rear of the engine and turbo, with grill to stop birds, stones and small children.

Nice car to drive and dosnt pull to the side, Engine is ej20 either version 5 or 6. I have put a new MAF on and still have old one, Plus coil pack, leads and a proper set of plugs. I replaced all these because there was hesitation on throttle, but actually turned out to be a mucky boost selonoid. So all the old bits are probably ok, and included in the sale

BAD STUFF...

Caught the curb pulling into my mum and dads so had to fibreglass and fill the drivers side front bumper, the bumper pushed a kink along the bottom edge of the driver wing (in pics) and has turned rusty colour. could do with a better spray job really. The driveshaft seal seems to be weeping a bit, but have been told its common and not at all worth bothering about fixing. hasnt dropped the oil level since i bought it so not to worried. 2 patches of early rust noticable, 1 is next to the aerial but not leaking into piller, and the other is bubbling on the passenger side rear wheel arch. I think oil is weeping from spark plug holes (not chamber but rocker gasket) but not causeing problems.

SERIOUS BIT

Would prefer the car to be viewed before, because its only fair that you know what you are getting, and dont want you thinking im misleading you. Messages go straight to my phone so responses should be quick, i work full time but can accommodate anyone wanting to come and see it, but only want serious people please.

As a final note, no ad would be the same without, i dont want to get rid of the car really, but im getting married soon, plus my girlfriend is not allowed to learn in it. p / x considered, and not looking for £1000 and a hug either, happy to answer questions

On ebay atm for £1400 but can accommodate a fellow enthusiast
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	front.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	15095   Click image for larger version

Name:	rear.JPG
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	15096   Click image for larger version

Name:	engine.JPG