Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

2006 Subaru Hawk Eye (Version 9) Widetrack [PPP] 305bhp Type UK DCCD Build No.#123

Search this Thread

Old 18 January 2014, 11:00 AM
joehchan
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Subaru Hawk Eye (Version 9) Widetrack 305bhp Type UK DCCD Build No.#123

Hi All
I am selling my Widetrack Hawk Eye Subaru which I have to say is very well looked after and has a very extensive history.

I am new to ScoobyNet (a lurker) but please don't let this put you off. I am a huge car enthusiast and have been members of various clubs for many years, you can google my mobile number or username (Joeh).

It has cost me an absolute fortune in the last two weeks and I'm on a edge where I'm considering whether I will keep the car rather than selling.

The car has excellent power and torque and appears to have had a remap at some stage. I was advised that the power output is 305bhp but this is to your consideration. I strongly advise to view the car to have your own opinion on this, I am very sure you will not be disappointed.

All the work had just finished yesterday (17/01/2014):
  • New Headgaskets (Genuine Subaru)
  • Both Cylinder Heads Skimmed (Middlesex Reboring Co.)
  • New Inlet Manifold Gaskets (4x) (Genuine Subaru)
  • New Exhaust Manifold Gaskets (2x) (Genuine Subaru)
  • New Timing Belt (Continental Contitech)
  • New Drive Belts (Continental Contitech)
  • New Exedy Clutch (Full kit)
  • Full Service (w/Castrol Edge FST 5w30)

The cost was just over £2,200

I've also just put two front tires on the car.

The pictures are here:
https://plus.google.com/photos/10786...LnL_5-uzLz8tQE

The "absolute fortune" part is here:
https://plus.google.com/photos/10786...LXN79us0vS1gQE

The history:
Roadtax: 28/02/2014
MOT: 09/06/2014

Full Subaru Service History as Detailed:
20/03/2006 - Subaru Threeways Garage Abergele @ 916 miles
02/02/2007 - Subaru Threeways Garage Abergele @ 2,031 miles
24/10/2007 - Subaru Threeways Garage Abergele @ 12,001 miles
05/03/2009 - Subaru Threeways Garage Abergele @ 25,609 miles
11/11/2009 - Subaru Threeways Garage Abergele @ 33,440 miles
01/07/2010 - Subaru Vale Motors Garage Wincanton @ 37,357 miles
25/02/2011 - Subaru Woodford Motor Co Woodford Green @ 48,807 miles
02/09/2012 - Subaru Woodford Motor Co Woodford Green @ 65,920 miles

To verify, please feel free to contact the garages in question
----------------------------------
Subaru Threeways Garage Abergele
Tel: 01745 825847
http://threewaysgarage.co.uk

Subaru Vale Motors Wincanton
Tel: 01963 34034
http://valemotors.co.uk

Subaru Woodford Motor Co
Tel: 0208 504 0017
http://womoco.co.uk
----------------------------------

Full MOT History:
13/01/2009 - 23,952 Miles
08/06/2010 - 37,001 Miles
07/06/2011 - 51,690 Miles
07/06/2012 - 63,083 Miles
10/06/2013 - 71,535 Miles (Current)

Mileage is currently 76,422 miles.

2 Keys Present - Key Code Card Included
All Original Documentation:
Owners Manual
Service Book
Aftersales Newsletter
Key Code
Locking Wheel Nut

2.5-litre turbo (WRX-STI)
6 Speed Manual
C.Diff DCCD System
Intercooler Spray System

New front windscreen in June 2011
Factory Installed CAT 1 Alarm System

Trackstar Protector (inc BBU) GPS Tracking Unit [Q Class]

Timing Belt changed at 48,807miles (and again on 17/01/2014 @ 76,419 miles)
Front pads replaced 2 months ago, almost full life.

Aftermarket Changes

RaceBox Perfomance Exhaust Backbox installed 28/03/2013
Afterburner 2.5" Centre High Flow Cat installed with new Bolts and Gaskets 13/08/2013

Sony 6.1" Touch Screen Double Din - DVD Player with USB/iPhone/iPod/AUX - XAV-622
Speakers: Focal 165 A1 2 way 6.5" Kit (with tweeters) with Custom Mountings
Full Sound Deadening installed to front doors.

Included in sale is the Original/Factory Radio.

Any questions feel free to call on 07967158635

Last edited by joehchan; 16 February 2014 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Widetrack
Old 18 January 2014, 11:09 AM
scooblet
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I got a question. How much?
Old 18 January 2014, 11:09 AM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice advert, but what's your asking price? GLWTS regardless.
Old 18 January 2014, 11:11 AM
joehchan
Scooby Newbie

Sorry all, I got carried away with the advert that I didn't write a price.

Considering the work it has had, I believe it is an absolute steal priced at
£9000
Old 18 January 2014, 11:15 AM
stuart148
Scooby Regular

when you did the head gaskets did you put forged bits in ?
Old 18 January 2014, 11:20 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

And ARP head studs?
Old 18 January 2014, 11:21 AM
joehchan
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by stuart148
when you did the head gaskets did you put forged bits in ?
Hi Stuart,
I only had the headgaskets and other bits and pieces (as mentioned above) done when the engine was out, no other work (no forged parts installed etc).

Thanks
Joe

Trending Topics

Old 18 January 2014, 11:23 AM
joehchan
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
And ARP head studs?
Standard head studs were used
Old 18 January 2014, 12:04 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Very nice looking car!

You probably want to mention that it's on the cheaper road tax band as well (assuming it was registered before the 23rd of March 2006, which from the service history it appears to have been)
Old 18 January 2014, 12:15 PM
joehchan
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Henrik
Very nice looking car!

You probably want to mention that it's on the cheaper road tax band as well (assuming it was registered before the 23rd of March 2006, which from the service history it appears to have been)
Thank you very much!

Good point about the tax
£154 / 6 months
£280 / 12 months
Old 18 January 2014, 07:32 PM
stuart148
Scooby Regular

I'll offer you 6500 mate
Old 18 January 2014, 11:53 PM
joehchan
Scooby Newbie

Ok firstly the head didn't lift on my car there was a clear sign of head gasket failure on one cylinder.

Secondly I have enough knowledgeable and reputable people around me to not require the opinion of people on an Internet board who have probably not done more than their own service on their car.

I am still waiting for proof that the OEM cylinder head bolts are insufficient for their application, I don't want your opinions, guesses or rumours because as you can probably guess they hold no water or value.

If the head lifted on your car you should have engine oil in your cooling system, if you didn't then more than likely your cylinder head didn't lift and you should have looked harder. Warped from excessive heat, maybe but let me guess, you skimmed the head anyway even though there was no sign of head gasket failure? Sounds like the guessing game to me.

And what does forging have to do with anything? It's not related at all with head gasket failure, yes maybe if I'd consider looking for more power by running a larger turbo with higher boost then maybe but I'm more than happy with a standard car, in fact it's quite responsive for what it is and I don't see needing more power for the road being exactly a logical thing.

I can say confidently that the Group N cars that were run by this WRC team did have standard head bolts and they ran these engines without a head lifting. bare in mind they were being driven under much worse conditions than your hoon around the Manchester town centre.

I don't think a WRC head mechanic and a Subaru master tech can be much of a misguide in comparison to some Internet qualified trolls.

So has anyone from those posting above actually checked the bolts if they are stretched? Ran a straight edge against a bolt to check for dipped threads? Laid a new bolt thread along side an old bolt and checked for thread irregularities?

Sorry guys but I think you're posting on the wrong thread, if you're not interested in the car and have nothing useful to add then I suggest you find another part of the forum to post your conspiracy theories.
Old 19 January 2014, 12:23 AM
ae82mad
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joehchan
Ok firstly the head didn't lift on my car there was a clear sign of head gasket failure on one cylinder.

Secondly I have enough knowledgeable and reputable people around me to not require the opinion of people on an Internet board who have probably not done more than their own service on their car.

I am still waiting for proof that the OEM cylinder head bolts are insufficient for their application, I don't want your opinions, guesses or rumours because as you can probably guess they hold no water or value.

If the head lifted on your car you should have engine oil in your cooling system, if you didn't then more than likely your cylinder head didn't lift and you should have looked harder. Warped from excessive heat, maybe but let me guess, you skimmed the head anyway even though there was no sign of head gasket failure? Sounds like the guessing game to me.

And what does forging have to do with anything? It's not related at all with head gasket failure, yes maybe if I'd consider looking for more power by running a larger turbo with higher boost then maybe but I'm more than happy with a standard car, in fact it's quite responsive for what it is and I don't see needing more power for the road being exactly a logical thing.

I can say confidently that the Group N cars that were run by this WRC team did have standard head bolts and they ran these engines without a head lifting. bare in mind they were being driven under much worse conditions than your hoon around the Manchester town centre.

I don't think a WRC head mechanic and a Subaru master tech can be much of a misguide in comparison to some Internet qualified trolls.

So has anyone from those posting above actually checked the bolts if they are stretched? Ran a straight edge against a bolt to check for dipped threads? Laid a new bolt thread along side an old bolt and checked for thread irregularities?

Sorry guys but I think you're posting on the wrong thread, if you're not interested in the car and have nothing useful to add then I suggest you find another part of the forum to post your conspiracy theories.
Nice car. Glwts mate.
Old 19 January 2014, 09:40 AM
SeanNewton93
Scooby Regular

Ok firstly the head didn't lift on my car there was a clear sign of head gasket failure on one cylinder. Secondly I have enough knowledgeable and reputable people around me to not require the opinion of people on an Internet board who have probably not done more than their own service on their car. I am still waiting for proof that the OEM cylinder head bolts are insufficient for their application, I don't want your opinions, guesses or rumours because as you can probably guess they hold no water or value. If the head lifted on your car you should have engine oil in your cooling system, if you didn't then more than likely your cylinder head didn't lift and you should have looked harder. Warped from excessive heat, maybe but let me guess, you skimmed the head anyway even though there was no sign of head gasket failure? Sounds like the guessing game to me. And what does forging have to do with anything? It's not related at all with head gasket failure, yes maybe if I'd consider looking for more power by running a larger turbo with higher boost then maybe but I'm more than happy with a standard car, in fact it's quite responsive for what it is and I don't see needing more power for the road being exactly a logical thing. I can say confidently that the Group N cars that were run by this WRC team did have standard head bolts and they ran these engines without a head lifting. bare in mind they were being driven under much worse conditions than your hoon around the Manchester town centre. I don't think a WRC head mechanic and a Subaru master tech can be much of a misguide in comparison to some Internet qualified trolls. So has anyone from those posting above actually checked the bolts if they are stretched? Ran a straight edge against a bolt to check for dipped threads? Laid a new bolt thread along side an old bolt and checked for thread irregularities? Sorry guys but I think you're posting on the wrong thread, if you're not interested in the car and have nothing useful to add then I suggest you find another part of the forum to post your conspiracy theories.
Well said mate, lovely car good luck with the sale, ignore keyboard warriors who have nothing more to do (Y)
Old 19 January 2014, 10:34 AM
mistermexican
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fawor
Wrc cars used 2.0 instead 2.5,thats mean your wrc fella knows nothing about 2.5 litre crap,and your subaru technician says the same **** like in subaru service.
For Pete's sake just let the man sell his car in peace!
Old 19 January 2014, 12:13 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mistermexican
+1
Old 19 January 2014, 12:14 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by mistermexican

+1

Thread tidied as requested. This is advert for a car. The seller has answered any questions asked about work carried out.

The sales section is NOT a place of discussion about the merits of head studs!!

So, if you aren't interesting in buying...DO NOT POST. (As per sale section rules: " If you don't like the price or item being offered and not interested in buying, do not reply, just move on." https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444...nd-advice.html )

Good luck with the sale (and free bump )
Old 19 January 2014, 06:31 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Absolute tosh, Manchester is a city not a town

GLWTS
Old 20 January 2014, 09:16 AM
joehchan
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Absolute tosh, Manchester is a city not a town

GLWTS
Whoops
Old 20 January 2014, 09:17 AM
joehchan
Scooby Newbie

Thanks everyone for their kind comments and thanks ALi-B for the clean-up
Old 20 January 2014, 09:23 AM
mje_wrx
Scooby Regular

Long shot but interested in a swap.
Mazda 6 in for sale section.
Old 23 January 2014, 07:05 AM
scooby kid
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

My bug sti and £3000!??
Old 28 January 2014, 10:10 AM
joehchan
Scooby Newbie

TTT
Old 04 February 2014, 10:40 AM
joehchan
Scooby Newbie

Up again
Old 04 February 2014, 10:52 AM
TheWaterboy
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks a nice straight honest car, wouldn't mind it myself but don't have the pennies
Old 06 February 2014, 06:21 PM
joehchan
Scooby Newbie

Considering serious offers.
Old 06 February 2014, 06:22 PM
joehchan
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by TheWaterboy
Looks a nice straight honest car, wouldn't mind it myself but don't have the pennies
Thank you very much for your kind words
Old 13 February 2014, 05:44 PM
Dcv479
Scooby Newbie

Nice looking motor mate.

Has it been mapped to 305 or us it PPP upgrade?
Old 16 February 2014, 09:15 PM
joehchan
Scooby Newbie

SOLD

Last edited by joehchan; 04 March 2014 at 03:10 PM.