Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

2007 Hawk Sti

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2013, 01:19 AM
nobafett
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 2007 Hawk Sti

Hi guys, it really pains me to do this but my recently purchased Sti could be up for sale in the near future. I'm separating from my wife so it looks like it will probably have to go. This is just a quick post to see how much interest there could be. The details of the car are as follows.
It's a 2007 (56) Hawkeye Sti in blue on 40k. I bought it for £10.5k in Dec 2012 from Sam at Jperformance (Pistonheads).
When I bought it, the car was running the following mods - Andy Forrest remap (333bhp 350lbft), Prodrive rear box and Prodrive flaps.

Since buying the car, I have done the following.
Full service (including new front discs and pads) by Alan Jeffery (Enginetuner),
New boot seal by Subaru Exeter dealer as it was a little perished,
New rear diff sensor by same dealer,
New Sti type uk branded mats throughout car including boot,
New double din Alpine stereo, Bluetooth and iPod compatible (despite apparently not working with iPhone 5, works with mine perfectly),
Non-resonated centre section of exhaust fitted,
Afterburner Raptor rear box fitted, this was second hand but looks new and sounds incredible,
CDF front and rear roll bars fitted,
CDF drop links fitted,
CDF anti lift kit fitted.

The car was taken around Castle Combe for 15 minutes in April (see my previous posts including photos), at the time I thought the new front discs were shot, turns out it was the rears which were warped. I have a new pair of Godspeed grooved discs going on the car on Tuesday along with new Godspeed Kevlar pads.

I have just taxed it for 6 months and it has about 8 months MOT left.
All 4 wheels have been recently returned in gloss black, not sprayed, power coated and done properly at a cost of nearly £300. Tyres are the oem bridgestone with plenty of tread left.

Overall, it's in fantastic condition having been recently de-tarred, clayed, polished and protected using very decent products. But remember that it's a 6 year old car and does have the stone chips you would expect.

I really dont want to have to sell the car, it drives amazingly well, and now handles like it should which is incredible. However, needs must and if it had to go then I would be starting around the £10k mark. I'm also looking at an R26 as a replacement so would px for the right one.

Thanks, Nick.
Old 08 June 2013, 01:25 AM
nobafett
Scooby Regular

Here are some photos:

Old 10 August 2013, 11:32 AM
nobafett
Scooby Regular

So, this is officially for sale now. Since the first post, it has had a full set (front and rear) of grooved Godspeed discs and kevlar pads. It turned out that the the 2 month old front discs had been fitted a little off and had warped, so these were replaced as well. All of the juddering has now gone and it stops as well as it goes.
Just a few things to mention. Mileage is at 42k. It was at 38k when I bought it in Dec 2012 and had had a massive service in Feb 2012 when it was on 36k. It had all the belts done and also had a new clutch fitted. When Enginetuner did the service in Feb this year, it was the biggie and included all the diff/gearbox oils/plugs etc. Next one is a minor.
Im going to price it at £9400 to start as Im not in a hurry to sell. If there is any interest I will take some more photos, but inside the interior is as standard apart from the stereo and in very good condition.

(Oh and please dont PM me like last time, asking for the vin number and reg so you can do a HPI check, Im not completely stupid!!)