Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

53 Plate Blobeye STI PPP 59k Miles £4750 No Offers

Search this Thread

Old 28 April 2013, 07:06 PM
Keta
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 53 Plate Blobeye STI PPP 59k Miles £4750 No Offers

53 Plate
Type UK
59K miles, rising slightly
Prodrive Performance Pack 305bhp
Taxed until 31st May
Tested until 7th June
1 Previous Lady Owner
Wakefield Area

Well the time has come for us to part ways. I have run this 53 plate STi as my daily drive over the last 2 years, I am now doing a few more miles (was only 3-4k a year) and have bought myself an almost tax free runabout. I am also considering getting into green laning and such so I would consider a swap for a similar condition Landrover Defender. I loved driving the Subaru in the snow

As everyone always says I will be sad to see this car go, I genuinely will be, I have kept this car longer than any other in my life and it has always been fun to drive and fully reliable.

Documented within my posts I bought this car 2 years ago for £6000+ with no service records or original handbook. It was a gamble for me but one that has paid off tremendously. All service history always stop with me anyway as I will never pay garage servicing fees! I have always and always will service/repair my own cars. So if you like a FSH and lots of pretty stamps, move along this car is not for you :P On the other hand as seen in one of my posts I did believe this car had a FSH, the car was sold by a wealthy lady, owned the car from new, who had a messy divorce and the other half had kept the documents (or destroyed them). The history may be recoverable via garages for a little bit of detective work, it didn't bother me I bought on condition.

I had a few minor niggles when I first got the car home and inspected, the only major (ish) job was re-greasing the rear shocks following the guide on here. I also changed all the fluids, filters and the cambelt. Also cleaned up and waxoyled the front underneath. The previous owner said the major service had been done but not knowing for sure (I guess you don't with stamps even) I did everything. Once I got to the cambelt it seems it had indeed been replaced as she had said. I have kept the invoice for cambelt kit and fluids etc as proof. It was done 2 years ago and 7k miles ago. It has been serviced annually every approx 3.5k miles.

It has the original STi wheels but they have been painted black, an amateur job I am afraid although they look a good finish. I originally intended on putting winter tyres on these and having some shiny new ones for normal use.

It has been used daily so does have some stone chips to the front, scratches here and there (they show up more on black) and some carpark dings. I would describe the car as very clean and in very good condition however. The car runs perfectly, is low mileage and ultra reliable. Has sailed through all MOT's with me and has only taken up my time with servicing. Other niggles I would say is seatbelts don't retract well and the second keyfob unlocks the doors but doesn't disarm the immobiliser. I haven't looked at why, I would probably leave that until I lost the first lol.

I thought I would put it up at a very cheap price before I have to re-tax, insure and MOT it. I don't expect it to sit around at this price but I thought I would offer it to SN members first. Failing a quick sale I will either keep it for summer or relist it at a greater price with full tax and test.

First genuinely interested member will buy it I am sure, price is fixed please no offers. Lovely STi for WRX money.

Send us a PM with questions or for contact info.

Last edited by Keta; 28 April 2013 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Never mentioned it was a Type UK
Old 28 April 2013, 07:31 PM
Garirox
Scooby Regular

Hi chap im interested, if you have anybother pics wud be great if you could email them across engine more interior etc? Any aftermarket additions other than the black wheels and ppp?
Old 28 April 2013, 07:39 PM
Keta
Scooby Regular

Hi,

First viewer due tomorrow at earliest opportunity after I finish work. I have had a beer tonight :P Will get more photos up tomorrow.

No nothing aftermarket other than stated, cheers
Old 28 April 2013, 08:23 PM
Garirox
Scooby Regular

Ok , let me know if he doesnt buy as I would like to view this week assuming u dont sell tomorrow as u have said looks a great buy for somebody
Old 29 April 2013, 10:55 AM
PJB1
Scooby Regular

Please pm me your details as want car cash waiting cheers
Old 29 April 2013, 11:47 AM
Garirox
Scooby Regular

Lol be forming a ordlerly que at this rate....
Old 29 April 2013, 11:57 AM
-shane-
Scooby Regular

Also interested, if person doesn't buy please let me know, again cash waiting
Old 29 April 2013, 01:11 PM
Keta
Scooby Regular

Hi guys,

I can't keep up with emptying inbox so sorry if this means I miss anything. Yeah I have A LOT of interested parties, the first to respond is due at half 2. If this falls through I will sort out the next ones.

Cheers
Old 29 April 2013, 01:16 PM
Garirox
Scooby Regular

Ok chap sounds good. Hope im next in line? Didnt send u a pm for that reason imagine ur inbox is rammed only replied here. I can get to veiw later today if ur half 2 doesnt buy. Cheers
Old 29 April 2013, 03:33 PM
Keta
Scooby Regular

Right guys it is still for sale and I need to let people know the reason as well as I couldn't live with myself if not. Something I have not picked up on. But searching the car for MOT mileage history, a new web site from the gov. There is one mileage that shows +16k out of sync and then drops to the right amount again on the next. This is probably a mistake by the garage but could be a potential "clock" of 16k ish. It shows fine on the Experian like check when I bought it. But be aware. The viewer today was a trades person and we couldn't agree a price unfortunately too low for me.
Old 29 April 2013, 03:54 PM
Garirox
Scooby Regular

Can you pm me with ur number chap?
Old 29 April 2013, 04:13 PM
Keta
Scooby Regular

Garirox is heading over so people know. ETA around 6, will try and get back to others after that.
Old 29 April 2013, 04:45 PM
PJB1
Scooby Regular

Keep me informed, got to be next
Old 29 April 2013, 09:03 PM
Keta
Scooby Regular

Deposit taken guys, thanks for all the interest. Apologies if I got mixed up with who is who and any bounced back inbox full ones!