Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

2001 UK Impreza WRX Prodrive (PPP) wagon, BBS wheels, all major work done - £2500!

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2012, 10:20 AM
Az Sti Type R
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 UK Impreza WRX Prodrive (PPP) wagon, BBS wheels, all major work done - £2500!

***** These were the only photos I had handy at the time of writing this so apologies if they don't come out that well, I will clean it tomorrow morning and post new pics by the weekend. These photos were taken on a trip to Wales a few weeks ago and were pinched off of my mates facebook. *****

Here we have my UK 2001 Y plate WR Blue bugeye shape WRX, it's a genuine Prodrive edition (PPP - Prodrive performance pack) with certificate to prove.*

Here is a handy link to the prodrive website which shows the benefits of a prodrive WRX over a standard WRX, all facts and figures here --->

http://www.prodrive.com/up/03MY%20WRX%20PPP.pdf

Quick overview:-

- U.K CAR (Not import)
- 2001 Y reg*
- Prodrive Performance Pack (PPP) 265BHP*
- Prodrive certificate of authenticity*
- Prodrive components - ECU, Stainless exhaust, Silicone turbo intake pipe)
- WR (World Rally) blue paintwork*
- 18" Gold BBS CH style alloys*
- Brand new Goodyear Eagle F1 assemetric 2 tyres all round
- Brand new Godspeed Motorsport grooved discs and pads all round*
- Exedy Sti uprated clutch
- 5 speed gearbox (sits at 3000rpm at 80mph so good on fuel)
- Auto meter boost gauge
- Aircon (blows nice and cold)
- Electric and heated mirrors
- Electric windows (x4)*
- Power steering (nice and light)
- Subaru 4 pot calipers front and 2 pot rears
- Detachable tow bar
- Aftermarket alarm and immobiliser
- Driver and passenger airbags
- Folder full of receipts

- MOT valid until 30th July 2013
- TAX valid until 1st April 2013 (just re-newed for 6 months)

It has 135k miles on the clock, and I know everyone says this with higher mileage vehicles, but I really do mean this- please don't let that put you off because I strongly encourage anyone to drive this car! It feels like it has done half that mileage and some. Everything is tight and solid and drives super smooth.*

Recently and within the last 2 years it has had thousands spent on it with several major jobs done, i.e reconditioned gearbox, reconditioned turbo, new flywheel, new uprated clutch, cambelt change, new Godspeed grooved discs and pads all round, and new Goodyear Eagle F1 assemetric 2 tyres all round. So this is a cheap car which needs NO WORK doing to it at all, and to top it off I had an oil and filter change carried out on it only a few weeks ago with Mobil 5w30 fully synthetic oil used. The correct oil change procedure was done as well for reassurance (oil filter filled before fitting, crank sensor removed before turning over etc) and once the oil was changed and the EML reset from disconnecting the crank sensor I had the ECU checked for any error codes which may of been stored and it came back completely clear.*

The car also benefits from BBS CH replica alloys in 18" which make it stand out from the crowd as I personally haven't seen another Scooby whether it be saloon or wagon wearing these wheels, and they suit it down to the ground! Plus they are slightly wider than the standard 17" wheels at 8.5" do they fill the arches better and give it more of an aggressive stance. They are in very good condition with only the very slight kerb mark here and there which is hardly noticeable, and they are wrapped in Goodyear Eagle F1 assemetric 2 XL tyres (225/40/18) (nearly £600 worth of tyres!) which are amazing, very quiet and comfortable for cruising at motorway speeds yet hold the road brilliantly in both wet and dry conditions. They are virtually brand new and all have 7mm tread remaining (new are 8mm).

The clutch has recently been replaced (March this year) for an uprated Exedy STi clutch, it was supplied and fitted by APi. It bites well (middle of the pedal) and it nice and light so you don't get a dead leg.*

The gearbox was replaced in May 2010 with a reconditioned box supplied and fitted by APi, and at the same time a new flywheel was fitted. The gear change is nice and tight with no play, exactly as it should be. It has absolutely no crunching into gears or funny noises.

The turbo was also replaced around the same time as the gearbox for a reconditioned unit, again, supplied by APi. It pulls hard and holds boost throughout the rev range with absolutely no smoking at all.

The cambelt was replaced at 104k so it still has 20k miles left before it needs changing again (50k intervals)*

The only extras it has over a standard PPP are the alloy wheels, the uprated STi exedy clutch, Godspeed motorsport grooved discs and pads all round, a KnN panel air filter, a boost gauge mounted in a small pod on top of the dashboard near the drivers side A pillar, and an aftermarket Sony CD/MP3 headunit.*

I recently drive to Wales for a weekend in this and covered 660 miles in total, it was dead reliable as you'd expect, comfortable, surprisingly economical, and when taken onto some of the best driving roads Wales has to offer it just came into its own and was nothing but fun to drive.*

As with every second hand car it does have a negative, I say 'a' negative as its the only one I can think of which may let the car down a little, but it's a very minor negative in my opinion when you consider what your getting for the money and when you consider what major work has been carried out on the car recently. The bodywork has car park dings / dents around it but they are minor really, nothing a dent master couldn't easily sort out as none of them are deep, but otherwise the bodywork has NO RUST OR CORROSION ANYWHERE! Rear arches are still like new which is a hot spot for rust on these. It will give the new owner trouble free motoring as all wear and tear components have recently been replaced.*

It's an absolutely brilliant car for the money and I'm gutted to have to let it go. It's fast, handles brilliantly, comfortable, quiet when you want it to be (motorways and around town) and super practical being a wagon with heaps of load space in the boot, an all round brilliant family car which offers everything else for when your on your own and want to have a 'spirited' drive.*

Reason for sale? One reason and one reason only, to purchase an automatic so that I can insure my wife on it, she has an auto only licence and the fact that she can't drive my car makes it difficult on days when I have the kids and I need her Zafira for the day, so it makes sense to have a car which she can drive to work on those days.*

£2500 Please no offers as I'm already taking a fair whack at this price and it's priced for a hassle free sale. REMEMBER THIS CAR NEEDS NOTHING! Just drive and enjoy!*

I'm based in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire.*

NEW PICS TO FOLLOW!*

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by Az Sti Type R; 18 October 2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old 18 October 2012, 10:53 AM
shaunus1981
Scooby Regular

Looks nice buddy glwts
Old 18 October 2012, 11:13 AM
derek sti
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

good advert nice car .should sell.
Old 18 October 2012, 11:20 AM
Az Sti Type R
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys!
Old 18 October 2012, 12:44 PM
cfnteabag59
Scooby Newbie

Your right it's a stunning car! Wish I had the money for it!

Adam
Old 18 October 2012, 01:23 PM
Az Sti Type R
Scooby Regular

Cheers mate, just a shame the box isn't an auto cos it would be perfect for our current situation and I wouldn't dream of selling it cos it's such peice of mind knowing nothing needs doing to it and it should run perfectly for many miles and years to come, just hope I can find another car which gives me the same reassurance.
Old 18 October 2012, 09:42 PM
mshowells
Scooby Regular

Would you consider a swop for a BMW 316I ES AUTO 90,250 miles FULL service history on an 2004/54 plate,
Old 18 October 2012, 11:29 PM
Az Sti Type R
Scooby Regular

Hmmm, ideally I wanted a bigger engine mate, but it's along the lines of what car I'd be looking at possibly, E46 or E39.
Old 19 October 2012, 07:34 AM
mshowells
Scooby Regular

She's an E46 1.8l 4 cylinder in dunkel blue with sport bumpers fitted by BMW and 17" BMW alloys, new tyres all round new mintex rear discs and pads last service in august was a major one (3 year cycles) 2 keys I'm the second owner.
Old 19 October 2012, 04:45 PM
Az Sti Type R
Scooby Regular

Sounds good mate! I have someone coming to view the car on Sunday morning with the intention of taking it away if he's happy with it, so I'll have to see how that goes first mate, I'll let you know.

Cheers!
Old 19 October 2012, 05:48 PM
JdcTypeR
Scooby Regular

Looks a bargain mate
Old 21 October 2012, 08:33 PM
Az Sti Type R
Scooby Regular

THANKS FOR ALL THE INTEREST, NOW SOLD!