Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

White 98 STI

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2012, 04:21 PM
d4zza_wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question White 98 STI

Hello to all.

Right first of im in no major rush to sell her, and i will be as honest as i can.

Full years M.O.T. 4months Tax

Shes a MY98 subaru STI V4 with "almost" full history since being imported in july 1999. I say almost full, but every M.O.T Is in place with reciepts etc. but as always there maybe some missing maybe not.

Its sitting with 130k and had 2 cambelt changes since being in the UK, the first change was at 40k but as I couldnt find any other info on the belt being changed I took it upon myself to get it sorted and was changed when i bought it that was 10k ago. I have no reciept for this as a very good friend of mine done it and i helped I can supply name and numbers to prove this. also the clutch was replaced and sold by a member on here again can
provide names. it was a used pink excedy clutch that had only coverd 10k miles so was run in. A local garage to me fitted It along with a brand new Radiator as the old one had a small leak.

Engine wise i cannot fault it "Red top". no knocks, bangs, rattles, "even when stared from cold no piston slap".I dont use her much as i work away from home mondays to fridays, so has only been used as a weekend car the past
year of ownership. So please dont let the miles put you of. This has been my third Scooby and no doubt the best.the only reason for sale, or should i say interest is that i fancy something newer "blobeye" so im willing to p/x.

Bodywork wise, shes not to bad for the age. a couple of car park dinks stonechips thats about it. one side "drivers door" someone reversed into so bought a new door "same colour 230 white" that i will fit next weekend or
can sell as it is and price will reflect this. bumper isnt in the greatest condition but hey its 14years old. there is a tiny rust spot by the ariel "see pic" but got treated and wont spread. interior is almost mint there is a little tear in drivers seat thats about it.

Mod wise it has a aftermarket exhaust "top cat back" sounds awsome. Induction Kit, dump valve etc etc. turbo has a code on it i cant find, but i know its had a little done to it in the past as its boosting 1.4 bar and pulls like a train. A friend Of mine also has a classic STI and it puts him to shame.

Anyway i wont bore you with anymore im just interested in cash offers and p/x "newer subaru"
Heres some pics. any info required please ask

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	no1.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	287.9 KB
ID:	7924   Click image for larger version

Name:	no2.jpg
Size:	283.6 KB
ID:	7925   Click image for larger version

Name:	no3.jpg
Size:	282.1 KB
ID:	7926   Click image for larger version

Name:	no4.jpg
Size:	283.2 KB
ID:	7927   Click image for larger version

Name:	no6.jpg
Size:	297.0 KB
ID:	7929  

Click image for larger version

Name:	no7.jpg
Size:	293.3 KB
ID:	7930   Click image for larger version

Name:	no8.jpg
Size:	292.9 KB
ID:	7931   Click image for larger version

Name:	no9.jpg
Size:	285.2 KB
ID:	7932   Click image for larger version

Name:	no11.jpg
Size:	229.8 KB
ID:	7933   Click image for larger version

Name:	no13.jpg
Size:	283.3 KB
ID:	7934  

Click image for larger version

Name:	no12.jpg
Size:	309.1 KB
ID:	7935  
Old 26 February 2012, 04:26 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Price ?

Shaun
Old 26 February 2012, 05:34 PM
d4zza_wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Midlife......
Price ?

Shaun
Sorry, would help wouldnt it ;p ... looking for around £2700 i guess or £2500 with the new door but not fitted. as i say im in no hurry to sell.

Forgot to mention it has a tracker fitted would just need re-actavating after market shocks/springs "yellow" so guessing Koni or Bilstein Havnt got under to check to be honest.

Last edited by d4zza_wrx; 26 February 2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01 March 2012, 06:39 PM
TANKWRX
Scooby Regular

would you at all consider a swap with a 02/03 plate mercedes 320 clk? if so pm me cheers