Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

Classic STi Wagon

Search this Thread

Old 26 October 2011, 06:52 PM
bonesetter
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Classic STi Wagon

JDM Version 3 STi Wagon.

Facelift model, GF8 D5ED. Colour code 52D, dark metallic blue

The auction sheet has this detailed as a HAA 4B. UK arrival was in June 2004, so the original auction sheet, apart from still being in the history folder shows it as being grade 4 which means never been accident repaired. No accidents in this country (except see below)

The original owner sold the car to me August 2008 and had kept a fastidious paperwork history, as have I.

Engine:

3 weeks into ownership the crank dropped which was duly replaced, along with a head and valve refurb. Mileage read 106760. The work was carried out at Speedway Garage, Cradley Heath. The engine has run sweatly since, it pulls strongly, has been serviced well, and has been looked after. By looked after I mean driven with consideration. My style of driving in this car is usually ever 3/4 throttle max and change if on a spirited drive change gear at 5.5K RPM. As an example the tyres have just needed replacing after 3 years!

Oil never needs topping up between changes

Gearbox:

752VBCAA short ratio 1-4 with extended 5th. Referb'd in October 2009 (18K ago) by APi, along with an uprated clutch, ported headers (and rocker cover gasket repair)

The 'box runs perfectly. It's surprising just how gentle you become on a gearbox (& engine for that matter) once you've spent a bit making them good

Underneath:

Outstanding. NO sign of rust, let alone rot anywhere. The arches have been undersealed very well indeed at some point (not by me)

Brand new set of Falkern FK452 205/50/16's fitted 2 weeks ago, along with yet another 4 wheel alignment (I'm OCD about alignment and have loads of print-outs and receipts)

Outside:

This is the cars weakest point. Overall it's pretty good considering its age, this would be a fair assessment. I lost a wheel a month or so back and it damaged the n/s front wing which I have had repaired. This has made it 85% as was. If you look hard you can see the repair

This car has been used daily over the last 3 years for everything from mountain bile carrying, to DIY fetching and carrying, camping...etc. Used. So it's going to show signs of its history

Does have the original wind deflectors though , and original rear parcle shelf removable slide cover

Alloys had a painting earlier on this year

I fitted a tow bar last year to take a kit car to the track which I did 4 times.

Inside: OK. Sony stand alone CD player and 10 disc changer under the seat. Nadi steering wheel fitted (had to change the bus size OE one)

Mileage:

Was converted at 91,980kms or 56,777. Now showing 132433, so my reckoning makes the total miles ~97,210

Lots of service receipts including brake fluid change (last year), suspension struts, radiator, brakes, etc etc

12 months MOT just been done - which she sailed, as did all the previous MOT's, also a fresh oil and filter change just been done

Drives superbly. Although the car has never been mapped or dyno'd it pulls very strongly. I have owned all manner of scooby's with varying BHP and this feels like the real deal. There was talk of the Gentlemen's Agreement with the V3/4 of 300bhp...

Price: £2700

Last edited by bonesetter; 27 October 2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old 26 October 2011, 10:55 PM
MicaDan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like that a lot! Always had a soft spot for STi Wagons. GLWTS.
Old 27 October 2011, 02:00 AM
wrxjdmsti
Scooby Regular

Very nice wagon mate! Just a correction: this is a version 3....
Old 27 October 2011, 07:03 AM
wrx9181
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Very nice pal glwts
Old 27 October 2011, 08:34 AM
bonesetter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrxjdmsti
Very nice wagon mate! Just a correction: this is a version 3....
Thanks for that. I'm going to edit the ad to V3. I used to think it a V3, but then someone said the engine was a V4 (something about coilpacks...?)
Old 27 October 2011, 10:54 PM
wrxjdmsti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bonesetter
Thanks for that. I'm going to edit the ad to V3. I used to think it a V3, but then someone said the engine was a V4 (something about coilpacks...?)
Yeap, that's cause V3 and V4 STIs share same engine (EJ20K)
Old 31 October 2011, 02:59 PM
bonesetter
Scooby Regular

BTT
Old 06 November 2011, 07:29 PM
bonesetter
Scooby Regular

Up