Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

Mica Black Blobeye WRX

Search this Thread

Old 22 August 2011, 10:30 AM
jr758774c
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mica Black Blobeye WRX - Price Dropped....

PRICE DROP!!! £3700

After many months of looking for exactly the right car, I found this completely original, unmolested example of a 2003 Blobeye WRX in arguably the best colour - Mica Black.
Basically, I wanted something to act as a base which would allow me to safely and reliably modify it, safe in the knowledge it hadn't spent its previous life being ragged to hell by some boy racer. I had to travel over 600 miles to pick her up, but I managed to find the exact car I was looking for, in the exact colour I wanted - This car was bought brand new for a lady in her late 50's and was used exclusively for motorway trips to and from Liverpool each weekend to see her family. The only previous owners are her late husband and then herself after he passed away. It has been meticulously maintained by her son, who happens to be a mechanic, and the interior seems to have little to no wear - A true testament to the previous owner!

Since I bought it I have had the bonnet and both bumpers professionally re-sprayed in order to remove all the stone chips from the front and any little scuffs on the bumpers. The car is in outstanding condition, with on a few tiny blemishes consistent with normal use to note. None of the blemishes are particularly visible unless you really look for them, and they do nothing to detract from the overall beauty and appearance of the car. In fact you will not even notice them in any of the pictures, but in the interest of honesty it is worth noting them!

You will notice from the pictures that I have fitted an STI rear spoiler and some after market 18" Team Dynamics alloys - These are the ONLY modifications made, as soon after I bought it my wife gave me the order to sell it, as she is now 18 weeks pregnant and she doesn't care for me having as many cars as I currently do! I still have the WRX spoiler should the new owner wish to put it back to standard.

The mileage on the car is consistent with its use, which has been trundling up and down the motorway each weekend for the past 8 years - It is currently on just under 110k miles. Whilst this is higher than some of the low mileage cars around, the car has been serviced regularly by the previous owners son and really does drive without fault. All gears are nice and tight, there are no horrible noises or vibrations etc.. I drove it all the way back from North Wales to Portsmouth without any problems what so ever and have been driving it off and on for the past few months. Taking the miles into account the car has been priced accordingly. For piece of mind I will happily give the car a full oil and filter change with fully synthetic before the new owner collects it. I have also just replaced the lamda sensor as it was throwing a CEL, and will endeavour to clear the error codes this week.

I am in no hurry to sell, as I would rather keep it for a while as a weekend toy as opposed to having my pants pulled down over the price.

I have droped the price to £3700 to expedite the sale - Which is considerably less than it owes me - Whilst I'm happy to take more, I will not take any less for her so please do not ask! I feel this price is if reflective of the mileage and the current market for Impreza's in general. She is incredibly well presented for her age/milage and with its nurtured past life will serve to be a very reliable car for someone to enjoy.

Any inspection is encouraged and test drives are welcomed, as long as you can provide proof of fully comprehensive insurance for this car!
The car is HPI clear - I have included the summary from "MyTxtCheck" HPI I did before I bought it

Subaru Impreza Wrx 2.0
VIN***6010 Mar 03
2 owners
No colour changes
No stolen record
Not scrapped
Help 08444821954
We have no record of CP03ECA being subject to a total loss claim by insurers.
Help 08444821954

I have deliberately not omitted the number plate from the pics so you can feel free to HPI it yourself

The car is located in Gosport, which is near Portsmouth

Feel free to ask any questions, and I'll endeavour to answer them for you. Constructive comments are welcomed, however derogative ones are not.
Thanks for looking

Mark

Last edited by jr758774c; 09 September 2011 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Price Drop
Old 22 August 2011, 09:12 PM
jr758774c
Scooby Regular

Just to add, the car has MOT until march 2012 and tax until September 2011. The CEL has now been cleared also...happy days
Old 25 August 2011, 11:04 PM
jr758774c
Scooby Regular

Bump
Old 30 August 2011, 10:21 AM
jr758774c
Scooby Regular

now on ebay
Old 06 September 2011, 08:55 AM
jr758774c
Scooby Regular

I cant believe there's no interest at this price......
Price drop to £3700 should hopefully loosen some wallets.....
Old 09 September 2011, 03:12 PM
jr758774c
Scooby Regular

Bump