Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

Impreza WRX 2004/54, 336bhp, Black, only 40k miles

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2011, 09:25 PM
C_WRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impreza WRX 2004/54, 336bhp, Black, only 40k miles

For Sale my 2004, 54reg WRX Saloon in Obsidian Black Metallic.
The paintwork that has the gold fleck through it which pops out when the sun hits it – stunning colour !
Running approx 336bhp, only 39.5k miles, immaculate condition - £6500.

I have owned this car for 4 and a half years / from 15k miles. Up until the last couple of months the car has been treated as more of a show type hobby than an every day runner. The mileage is at 39500miles (up to 200 going on a week) which is way below average miles for its year – and its overall condition is easily way better than its years or mileage should show. The car is genuinely pampered way beyond what a car should be, having had £thousands spent on it.

It has been modified, I believe, tastefully. I purchased it from a Subaru dealer (was traded in by a 50-something year old gent who changed his Impreza every 2 years) after searching for a long time for the right car. It was completely standard when I got it and despite not planning on doing anywhere near as much (you lot are a bad influence :P )as I have over the years I’ve carried out the following – all work carried out by Subaru/Japanese performance/Trained mechanics :

Bodywork – It is coated in Blackfire wax. Every week I wash the car (at least once) and every two weeks I top it up with Blackfire deep gloss spray sealant. I can’t say its spotless paintwork but it isn't from lack of trying and it is in amazing condition. The front has STi fog light covers, Prodrive upper & lower grill kit, lower lip spoiler (painted to match the cars colour), detango’ed headlights. The rear has an STi style spoiler fitted. Occasional sticker splashed about.

Engine – STi intercooler, VF35 turbo (900miles when fitted), STi pinks, green panel filter, decatted wrapped up-pipe, sportscat downpipe, Scoobyworld decat centre section and racebox backbox (not too loud but still a nice rumble). The car was remapped by Andy Forrest to a safe approx 336bhp. It has always been run on V power or Tesco 99, and warmed up/down when used. I have a hose kit fitted including the intercooler hose for a splash of colour.

Suspension – prodive spring set. This was low and firm enough for me.

Brakes – uprated front godspeed grooved discs and DS2500 pads.

Wheels/Tyres – 18” Rota GRA gunmetal/silver. The rims of the wheels are unmarked but there are areas where the winter grit has lightly marked them (just being honest). Yokahama Parada tyres.

Interior - just a Subaru gear **** !

6 months MOT, 6 Months Tax are on the car. It has a full service history and the all important pulleys service done. I actually had the oil/water changed in between services but I don’t have the receipts to prove this – not necessarily needed but was told to me as advisable in keeping a modded car running to its best. The only mechanical things that have been needed on this car out with servicing was a new battery and after sticking brakes I had the caliper pistons/seals changed.

So why sell it if it’s so good !! Quite simply I have just started a new job which involves me having to use it more than I’d like, along with it just not being suitable anymore for my family life. Trust me I have looked at various options of how to keep it but the sensible conclusion is that it is now time to move on and let someone else show it off.

Bad points – there has to be some on a car this age – but you’ll be looking hard to find them beyond what I’ve noted above. I’ll point out what minor things there are if you are genuinely interested in the car but if they bother you you’re way more picky than I am – tiny little marks here and there really.

You will not be disappointed with the drive and condition of this car. I frequently receive compliments as to how the car looks and almost daily see people staring/pointing at it (I of course tell myself they are always saying/thinking nice things!!). I will be genuinely very sad to see this great car go.

I am just about to remove my private plate which is not sold with the car.

Priced to sell before I change my mind, £6500. If you're interested send me a note or my contact number is 07786453750 but with work I can't always guarantee I'll get to it straight away through the day, I will get back as soon as I can though.
I am based in Lanarkshire.

A few library pics of the car, when I get time I'll try and get right now pics on (only difference is the stickers on the fog light covers and splitter are no longer there).

and my favourite reflection shot of a couple of years ago

Last edited by C_WRX; 12 April 2011 at 08:39 PM. Reason: price update
Old 25 March 2011, 08:48 PM
C_WRX
Scooby Regular

No-one committing yet so bump for the weekend.
Old 29 March 2011, 07:16 PM
C_WRX
Scooby Regular

Wow this is a tough market place! Adjusted the price folks.
A genuinely crackin car for someone !!
Old 29 March 2011, 07:33 PM
B4D HK
Scooby Senior

looks like a good'un
Old 02 April 2011, 08:06 AM
C_WRX
Scooby Regular

It definately is - but so far no takers.
Up to top for the weekend
Old 02 April 2011, 08:43 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Great looking car, seems a bargain at that price! Be patient as you've only had it for sale for a short while

TX.
Old 02 April 2011, 08:46 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

She looks really nice but I would really do a bit of research on the prices, your in STI money here for a similar mileage car, but its your car and I dont know if you want to sell her quickly or not, if not then try to stick with the price but its a hard market for a seller.

Tony
Old 04 April 2011, 05:32 PM
C_WRX
Scooby Regular

Thanks Terminator X - yeah you're right just need to be patient. Appreciate it is a slow market at the moment but cars are still selling, someone looking for a genuinely crackin well spec'd WRX will hopefully look my way as I'm very confident they won't be disappointed.
Old 12 April 2011, 08:41 PM
C_WRX
Scooby Regular

Now £6500
Old 19 April 2011, 07:44 PM
sc00by_d00
Scooby Regular

stunning car, just a shame you live so far away, i would love to make you an offer but just too far from the westcountry.

Good luck with the sale
Old 20 April 2011, 09:24 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

B
U
M
P

For a very tidy WRX.
Don't give it away, Mate. Personally I don't think Scoobynet is the best place to gauge interest as the majority of us on here own one already. Sit tight and I'm sure the right buyer will come along.
Old 21 April 2011, 12:10 AM
g7prs
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty certain this sold over on Sidc !
Old 21 April 2011, 08:50 PM
C_WRX
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the great comments, and yes, deposit taken.
The price was below what I originally thought it was worth (don't we all say that!) but the market being the way it is allows for folk to get genuine bargains just now. Time is right for me to move on though.
Looks like it is going to a good home. Sounds like they have every intention of keeping it in great condition.
Old 21 April 2011, 10:23 PM
sc00by_d00
Scooby Regular

glad u sold her to a good home...i thought i had when i sold my classic...the guy sold it on in a couple of months after having it....gutted...!!