Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

2001/2 Impreza gx wagon turbo replica, 81k

Search this Thread

Old 25 February 2011, 10:17 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2001/2 Impreza gx wagon turbo replica, 81k

I know no one likes these on here, but I wanted another impreza but not the running costs of a turbo.

I got made redundant just before christmas and a scoob is still a scoob and I dont want to scrimp on it and run it into the ground as ive spent so much time effort and cash on it.

its just a basic gx (december 2001) high and low awd, but its got air con which I had re gassed in september by a mate at mate rates, it works without issue, 4 x ew, em, and all the other usual stuff.

I have added a tv/dvd headunit which also has bluetooth hands free and its really good works well, its got the digi ariels hidden in the A pillars so you cannot see them, plays everything including mp3s from and sd card, its also got a reversing camera.

on the body ive just recently had a load of work done at scoobyclinic having dints removed and rear bumper re painted and generally tidied up, as im sure you can appreciate this wasnt a cheap job and its been done well and looks bob on.

onto the rest of it, its had the standard wrx seats added, not buckets so they are a lot more comfy than the standard gx sport seats, ive added loads of the 3m carbon around the stereo and on the drivers and passenger arm rests.

its got an sti v7 alloy bonnet in the correct 01g with 3m covering both leading edges, I have also added a zun grill also covered in carbon the two light edges also covered in carbon and the wing inserts covered in carbon. clear indicators on the wing.

about 5 months ago I added the wheels, they were new with new tyres, they are still in immaculate condition and the tyres still have 6mm plus tread and evenly worn all round. they are Inovit Aros 18".

the exhaust was made for the car and if im honest its great, sounds just like a wrx, which gc8 aka simon couldnt get his head around, me either really, you can put backboxes and bonnets on a sport but they never really sound right, this one does, go figure? its a cobra stainless steel.

I also fitted the towbar which is fully removable if you dont want it, ive only used it twice to tow our caravan the 80% recommended towing weight for the impreza is 1100kgs our caravan is only 1000kgs so its in no way been stressed.

the car starts runs and drives great, but its getting ready for a service now and with having no work I cant justify the cost, hence ive decided to sell it as you cant have a car like this and not service it!!!

the car has been looked after and driven with care, anyone that knows me will confirm that I look after my cars and I dont hammer them.

priced to sell @ £2200. a basic gx will cost more than that, or I will swap it for a tdci of some sorts.

if there is enough interest id consider breaking it for parts and putting it back to standard to px on.

it will come on a 51 plate, im removing the private plate.

Ive plenty of pics if you want anymore. these were taken about 2 weeks ago.

based in derbyshire
Old 25 February 2011, 03:20 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

bttt
Old 26 February 2011, 09:29 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

bttt
Old 26 February 2011, 12:28 PM
stevie turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi mate would you consider selling the grill if so how much steve
Old 27 February 2011, 08:52 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

looks like ive sold the car mate, ile let you know by pm if Im breaking it though