Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

Impreza WRX STI PPP 2005 £9000

Search this Thread

Old 19 October 2010, 08:00 PM
Tall-Paul
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impreza WRX STI PPP 2005 **SOLD SOLD**

For sale is my Subaru Impreza STI with the prodrive performance pack. It's the 2005/55 model so it has the newage chassis with the DCCD. This allows the driver to manually shift more of the power to the rear, front or put the car in diff lock. Alternatively it can be left in auto where the car senses where more grip is needed and alters the diff for you, it also has a slightly wider rear track than the older models. The overall result is a much better handling chassis than previous models and produces much less understeer, the car handles and drives beautifully. This spec of car is quite rare as most of the DCCD cars have the 2.5 litre engine which doesnt rev as high and costs twice the road tax! With this STI having the prodrive performance pack it has 301bhp which it more than the standard 2.5 newage STI. The car has covered 43k and is in excellent condition both inside and out. The body work is stunning and there are no carpark dents or scratches, the front bumper only has a few stone chips and the interior looks new. I tried to show this in the pictures but it looks alot better in the flesh. There is only one mark on one of the alloy wheels. The car has:

Recent full service
Recent front discs/pads change
Service history
6 months tax
Mot can be supplied depending sale price.

Some modifications have been added to enhance the cars characteristics and handling:

BC racing fully adjustable coilovers (Only a few months old)
Whiteline anti lift kit
Cat back exhaust
Forge dumpvalve

The car has 4 Bridgestone Protenzas re070's with plenty of tread left, all the brakes are in very good condition....the car needs nothing spending on it.

The car has been PREVIOUSLY hpi registered as a cat D, however dont let this put you off as it has now been removed. It has been inspected by autolign http://www.autoligninspections.co.uk/ who are the only company in the UK that are able to remove cars off the hpi register following an inspection. I have all the paper work including certificates and a report which states the car had a new front bumper and 2 headlights. It has been removed off the register because it was repaired to a very high standard, and there is NO structural damage. When looking at the car you would never know the bumper has been replaced as the repair job looks perfect, also when the car had the coilovers fitted and alignment done the mechanics had not problems with things lining up properly.

The car unfortunately has a light carpark scuff on the rear bumper but this could probably be buffed out.

I cant accept any less than £9000

More pictures available on request.

Feel free to contact me with any questions. Contact Paul 07894241997

Location Altrincham

Last edited by Tall-Paul; 23 December 2010 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04 November 2010, 09:03 PM
Tall-Paul
Scooby Regular

Heres some more pictures, I've tried to emphasise how clean the car really is but the camera/conditions let me down a bit. I have also revised the price to

£9000

Last edited by Tall-Paul; 17 November 2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 17 November 2010, 01:44 PM
Tall-Paul
Scooby Regular

Top!
Old 24 November 2010, 01:24 PM
Tall-Paul
Scooby Regular

Car now has 12 months mot. Dont hesitate to ask for a viewing or to look through the paper work!
Old 25 November 2010, 03:33 PM
Ved
Scooby Regular

Beautifully kept car mate. Shame about it being CATD as that will put off a lot people.

Last edited by Ved; 25 November 2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 25 November 2010, 03:36 PM
Ved
Scooby Regular

Out of interest how come that has the older steering wheel? It assume the CATD was an airbag deployment crash and it wasn't replaced like for like?
Old 25 November 2010, 04:13 PM
classic Subaru Si
Scooby Regular

To be honest, I'm not sure if its fair to take a car off the register once its gone on - I'd be gutted to find out later that it had been listed! Weather they did a great job or not, its still had a significant accident to warrant a CAT D
Old 25 November 2010, 04:56 PM
Ved
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by classic Subaru Si
To be honest, I'm not sure if its fair to take a car off the register once its gone on - I'd be gutted to find out later that it had been listed! Weather they did a great job or not, its still had a significant accident to warrant a CAT D
Agreed. It's deception in my eyes but good you've admitted it although I would expect the price to be dropped due to this.
Old 25 November 2010, 10:41 PM
Tall-Paul
Scooby Regular

If you were to do a HPI check it does say "Cat D Autolign inspection" or something similar so its not completely hidden. The autolign inspection cost the previous owner a few hundred quid and basically means the car is back to pre-accident standard, the website explains it better. I understand that it will put most people off and I would never of bought one in the past, until I saw the condition of this one.

With regards to the steering wheel, I wouldnt think a light bump that didnt effect the wings or bonnet would set the airbags off? Surely it would be similar costs to just replace the airbag because ive seen these steering wheels go for £250 on ebay. I cant offer any more info on this though but I can say the steering wheel condition matches the age of the car (in my opinion).

Ive done alot of research on the price and it is one of the cheapest 2005 blobeye sti's for sale atm (I'm yet to find a cheaper one) Given its condition/milage/mods I thinks its a very fair price. It has plenty of life left in all of its components....and I think its the best colour
Old 12 December 2010, 02:35 PM
Tall-Paul
Scooby Regular

Open to offers and all p/x's will be considered.

Last edited by Tall-Paul; 12 December 2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 23 December 2010, 06:06 PM
Tall-Paul
Scooby Regular

Car is now sold