Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

Impreza Spec-C Type RA

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2010, 10:39 AM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Location: oop north in a spec-c.Now sold and starting on a classic ra track/sprint/road car
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Impreza Spec-C Type RA

Impreza Spec-C Type RA

Here I have for sale my hawkeye 06 Spec-C Type RA. This is one of only 4 hawkeye Spec-C Type RA’s in the country this particular car is the only Silver Spec-C Type RA in the uk and as with the later spec-c’s has the wider track bigger hubs,6 speed DCCD etc etc

Engine
Re-mapped to give 415bhp & 398llbs Torque (powerstation)
Garrett hybrid VF36 twinscroll turbo
Full miltek 3” De-cat exhaust system
650cc Injectors
Inlet manifold raised on RCM manifold spacers
90mm Inlet Hose
Panel filter

Brakes
PF Disks, Strap Drive (Zen Performance)
Carbon race pads (Zen Performance)

Suspension
All the nice pink bits from STI
4 Way adjustable suspension
Alloy Pillow ball rose jointed rear trailing arms
Whiteline Anti-lift kit (5º Castor)
Full 4 wheel alignment for trackday use (Powerstation)

Exterior
Everything you would expect from a spec c
Lightweight Body
Lightweight windows
Lightweight Spec-C Type RA Wheels 6.5kg
Alloy Bonnet
Alloy Boot lid

Interior
Defi’s Centre pod + Controller (Boost, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, EGT, Fuel Pressure)
Kenwood DVD, Cd, Dab Radio, Mp3, Sat-nav Touch Screen Ice also has the tps tyre pressure indicator,tracker

The car has only covered 27.000 miles so reflects in the immaculate condition that it stands in.It came second in its class in last years scoobysprint and on quite a few occasions beating more powerful cars. Full folder of documentation from when the car was imported into the country by Litchfields the car has wanted for nothing so reflects in the price. Also comes with Scooby related plate and a spare set of wheels with tyres.

the price to sell is £19.500 not cheap but a realistic price for a rare well looked after and pampered car no part x (I already have a car lined up) no tyre kickers time wasters or dreamers if it doesn’t sell I will keep it.

Mob 07923670568

Last edited by gussy; 03 March 2011 at 11:25 AM. Reason: price changed
Old 21 April 2010, 11:46 PM
Bez300
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good look with it Gus,
It is a Nice car mate.
Rare as hens teeth.

Bez
Old 22 April 2010, 11:34 AM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Location: oop north in a spec-c.Now sold and starting on a classic ra track/sprint/road car

Cheers Bez after speaking to you on sunday at the grudgement day you know what my plans are.
Old 22 April 2010, 01:26 PM
Cyberevo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice car with some excellent mods, if I didn't already have my spec-c i would have had this off you, will get snapped up as RA's in Hawkeye are rare as hell... GLTWS
Old 22 April 2010, 01:47 PM
rickya
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dogs danglies
Goodluck
Old 22 April 2010, 07:24 PM
kennyc
Scooby Regular

Lovely car and very well cared for. Get it on MLR tempt them out of those Evos
Old 23 April 2010, 08:59 AM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kennyc
Lovely car and very well cared for. Get it on MLR tempt them out of those Evos
I would have hoped that I dont have to venture over to the dark side kenny to advertise this car .

Thanks for the comments Rickya/Cyberevo
Old 23 April 2010, 09:10 AM
garetgax
Scooby Regular

good luck with the sale mate. Prob wont get to see you this year mate as not sprinting this year as getting the car sorted for nippon.
Old 23 April 2010, 10:26 AM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Cheers graham no probs mate.Are you doing the Nippon this year or getting everything ready for next year ?
Old 24 April 2010, 02:34 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

How much power, and interesting engine mods to boot!
Old 24 April 2010, 06:30 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Stunning car Gus shame your selling her wanted an MY05 one, missed out on one in scotland last year real bargain that would have been

Tony
Old 25 April 2010, 09:11 AM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Needs must Tony as I said earlier if it doesn't sell I will keep it.John I was always open about the car last year and Simon let me run in the standard class a few tweeks here and there and some good mapping goes a long way which everybody or most had in my class as you have said in numerouse posts in the past the my05 is the best car that ever came out of the factory.Are you competing this year because you were my bench mark last year to try and get close to your times I must admit to trying to see in your style of driving where you were getting your times from but somehow never really got that close.
Old 25 April 2010, 11:21 AM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

I dont recall you telling us you had increased the inlet pipe size and raised the inlet manifold to get more air in, the hybrid and injectors you were very open about of course. Maybe i missed the induction mods in your posts at the time and those were listed to Simon when you talked about the class to run in, i was rather busy last year so could easily have missed that bit.

I'm not having a go by the way, you were more than happy to do a back to back test with mine and if the power was a lot more were happy to be bumped up a class, it just never happened due to work comitments.

Hopefully i can make some of the events again, it depends on the callendar as i'm often working at race meetings on the weekend. I dont think there is anything special about the way i drive, it's just neat and tidy .

Last edited by johnfelstead; 25 April 2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old 25 April 2010, 12:11 PM
gussy
Scooby Regular

No problem John I didnt think you were having a go. Im in the same boat myself this year I have had to commit to other things during the year and yes they will clash with the dates no dought when they come out.As for neat and tidy yes your driving style is and that is something I need to learn a bit more about
Old 26 April 2010, 12:18 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Standard RA is so with those mods it's x2

TX.
Old 26 April 2010, 06:59 PM
CaptainJohn
Scooby Regular

Have a word with yourself Gus

You`re barmy selling the car mate You won`t get one better
Old 27 April 2010, 09:59 AM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CaptainJohn
Have a word with yourself Gus

You`re barmy selling the car mate You won`t get one better
I know john but Im wanting to do more sprinting/trackdays so want to build a purpose built car.I cant justify doing that to this car if you know what I mean.
Old 28 April 2010, 10:36 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Stunning car for whoever gets her Gussy
What sort of car are you looking at for the sprint/trackdays as i may well have an sti v5 type r up for sale soon if all goes well with what im after

Tony
Old 29 April 2010, 09:00 AM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Tony Im going down the classic route and already have one lined up.Just need to move mine first.
Old 29 April 2010, 12:49 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Dont blame you Gus, it would be nice if you could keep the RA and have the classic sprint car though

Tony
Old 29 April 2010, 06:33 PM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Tony dont think I havent thought about it.Having payed off my morgage 2 years ago I could take out another morgage on my bungalow to get the funds + more but somehow I think the wife would kill me.she isnt very understanding in that department
Old 29 April 2010, 10:42 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Sell the wife?

Tony
Old 30 April 2010, 06:03 PM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Tried it Tony,nobody is daft enough to have her.
Old 30 April 2010, 06:37 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by gussy
Tony Im going down the classic route and already have one lined up.Just need to move mine first.
You do realise it will cost a fortune to get a classic impreza to run and handle as well as your car
Old 30 April 2010, 08:03 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevebt
You do realise it will cost a fortune to get a classic impreza to run and handle as well as your car
Not really steve, he can have that all wrapped up in a nice little sti 5 for sale at the minute lol
Old 30 April 2010, 08:38 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Gus,
If you are buying another Impreza for sprinting, then I think you will surely regret this decision. Your car is still a road car and the best way to make it quicker (and don't take this the wrong way) is to leave it as it is and spend money on dirving tuition.

Recently I considered buying ANOTHER Spec C, which I was offered. Still keeping mine for track (ab)use only and using the Hawkeye Spec C for literally weekend poncing. I decided against it, since having two Spec C's is nearly as bad as not having one.

I have had a few offers on mine, especially off the back of what it achieved last year in ScoobySprint. I just can't come to terms with flogging it though. I know I would regret it and the next drive in it always confirms that.

Best of luck with the sale mate.... I just hope you don't regret it as you will never get one as good as to replace it!
Old 30 April 2010, 08:49 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevie1982
Not really steve, he can have that all wrapped up in a nice little sti 5 for sale at the minute lol

No disrespect but I still think there would be money to spend on your car to make it handle as well as gussy's.
Old 01 May 2010, 03:24 PM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevebt
How you doing Steve long time no see I know where you are coming from but I just cant pull this car apart cage it etc etc it would ruin its status/rarety I have looked after it too well,where as with a classic,panels etc etc are cheap and if the engine goes pop bung a 6 speed + twinscroll in it and you have a flying sprint car with reliability after competing against Mikee last year his classic with that combo was a very quick car mikee just needs to learn how to go round corners and not just in a straight line .Shaun I also understand where you are coming from as well driver training helped hugely for you going by your times getting better and better after each round last year.
Old 02 May 2010, 11:18 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Gussy your running 400bhp why do you need a cage? I'm sitting close to 600bhp and I don't feel like I need one but if you go with similar power in a classic you will have to cage it due to chassis flex. Stuff your twin scroll as they are too slow, keep your car and put a proper single scroll turbo on and see how good your car is. If the twin scroll was that good I wouldn't be running single scroll
Old 03 May 2010, 09:32 PM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Things have moved on in the twinscroll world since you had yours steve in sprinting you need something that spools well especially if the course is tight and twisty with no long straights and the twinscroll ticks all the boxes.

Quick Reply: Impreza Spec-C Type RA