Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

2007 Black Standard UK Hawkeye - very well looked after

Search this Thread

Old 11 October 2019, 09:27 PM
Aaron
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Black Standard UK Hawkeye - very well looked after

Reluctant sale of a good example of an unmodified 57-plate "Hawkeye" WRX with FSH and MOT until September 2020. 115k.

Always very well maintained, including (all in last ~year) exhaust backbox and centre section, rear dampers, front drop-links, front disks/pads/callipers/hoses and rear pads (£2k).

Comprehensive FSH including stamped book and all bills. Cambelt at 92k and just had service (Aug '19) including Aircon. Airbag recall completed by dealer

Interior immaculate (no smokers, children or dogs!). I've owned the car for nearly 8 years.

Very good condition for year and everything works as it should, including auto climate control, Xenon headlamps, etc.

Completely standard except genuine Prodrive stainless back box and stainless centre section, DAB radio with USB and uprated front speakers.

4x Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres all fairly new.

Always run on V-power and only fully synthetic premium oil.

Witter towbar and electrics - only ever used for bicycle carrier, car has never been used to tow!

Bad points - bodywork has a few small marks and door dings but generally in good condition for age. Wheels could do with some TLC.

I am currently still using the car while finding the right buyer so the mileage may increase. Please bring proof of comprehensive insurance if you wish to test drive - thanks

£4000

Old 19 October 2019, 09:52 PM
Aaron
Scooby Regular

No interest at all? Too many miles? Too standard? No one likes 2.5 litre?

Or just too expensive? £3500 any more like it?

It's a really well maintained car, unfortunately I just don't want to be putting 12-13k on it every year, and will probably be moving somewhere without nice off-road parking as it is used to
Old 20 October 2019, 09:42 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

In all honesty its probably the whole its a 2.5ltr with over a 100k panic from most on the site which I'm sure you can understand due to the reputation they have now. It does look like a clean car and well priced.

Have you tried putting it on autotrader or ebay.

Good luck with the sale
Old 27 October 2019, 08:32 PM
Aaron
Scooby Regular

Thanks Mate, car is now sold. Autotrader did the job. I'm sure I've learned this lesson before - it seems expensive compared to the alternatives, but it's worth every penny - should have done that before I dropped the price!!

I'm not too up on the engines to be honest, don't get much time to lurk on here these days... But is it possible that it's the higher bhp 2.5s that are giving them a bad name? I remember when the stock 300 bhp hatches came out they didn't have a good rep, but I suspect the standard UK spec like mine are fine if they're properly maintained? I know it's a statistically insignificant sample of one of each, but my 2.0 got really tappy and spun a shell at 106k, whereas the 2.5 was absolutely rock solid at 115k.... Mind you I bought the 2.0 at 90k whereas had the 2.5 majority of it's life.

I miss it already - first time I've not have a Scoob since 2006 total bargain if you ask me!
Old 30 October 2019, 02:11 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

Thats the thing I've seen 2.5s let go at 20k being advertised while others have done 200k and still going strong. STIs and WRXs in that bunch so seems very random. I've had a 2ltr let go on me so they aren't that bullet proof like people make out.