Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

***Subaru Impreza WRX Hawkeye 2006 (project) – needs new exhaust valves. ***

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2018, 04:57 PM
Andrew Vale
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post ***Subaru Impreza WRX Hawkeye 2006 (project) – needs new exhaust valves. ***

As sad as it is to say I'm listing my Subaru up for sale. I bought it about ten years ago and it has been a lot of but going back about six months the car started misfiring. I took it to the garage and had it looked at and after replacing various components (plugs, coil packs, secondary air pump?, oil) the engine was pressure tested and the fourth cylinder was found to be losing pressure.

Apparently this is most likely down to the exhaust valves which again from what I'm told means the engine needs to come out, the engine split open the heads taken off and then the valves replaced. This is well above my ability to do so it is being sold with the knowledge that it needs work by a knowledgeable mechanic.

Looking over various car web sites it looks like the same car with the same spec and mileage is generally going for a little over 4k. I'm selling it here at 1.5k ono to take account for the work needed. Someone that knows what they are doing and doesn’t baulk at the idea of taking an engine out could with a bit of work make around 2.5k. The price is slightly flexible as I appreciate there is a risk but at the end of the day anyone buying it knows they are going to have to take the engine out.

Other than the misfire the car gave me very little grief. It's completely standard only one previous owner, it was looked after and has almost full service history. I have lots of receipts and various documents which the new owner is welcome to. There is no tax or MOT it has 96k on the clock and the car is currently SORN. It does drive and anyone that is interested I can arrange a test drive for.

I think this is everything I can think of please message me anyone would like any further details.

Thanks for reading.