Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

2004 Subaru Forester Sti

Search this Thread

Old 18 June 2015, 11:26 AM
Richard Warnock
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Subaru Forester Sti

It's a sad day!! Up for Sale is my STi Forester all factory options from Japan and is also equipped with a close ratio 6 speed manual gearbox, Brembo brakes, 18" alloys and impressive STi specification.

This particular vehicle was imported by the infamous Litchfield imports who modified with their Performance pack to suit the UK Market. With a Milltek 100 cell Sports Cat and Exhaust system, coupled together with a Cosworth panel air filter and Litchfield remap the forester produces 330BHP and 330ft/lb torque

The car has been meticulously serviced & maintained by Litchfield Imports and Scooby World since 2004.
The most recent service was completed by Scoobyworld on June 2nd where the Timing belt, main tensioner (expensive part), Engine Oil and Spark Plugs were changed. The car had a detailed overhaul which only picked up issues with the Coolant pipe, exhaust bracket and wing mirror - All these have been fixed.

The car has various handling / braking upgrades, recently installed BC Racing 16way adjustable Coilovers set to the Impreza STi geometry settings, Mtec grooved discs front and rear with Genuine Brembo brake pads, Goodridge braided lines and fresh brake fluid.

A fresh MOT has just been put on the car with No advisories. Expires 16th June 2016.

The exterior of the car is is excellent condition and looks amazing when polished up. There are a few small stone chips expected of an 11year old car and a small scrape on the front bumper. The wheels have been recently refurred in Anthracite Grey and look amazing. They have 4 good condition Uniroyal Rainsport 3's which give amazing grip in the wet and dry.

The interior is in excellent condition with no wear to the seats. The boot trim does have some marks from carrying heavy objects, but there is a genuine heavy duty Subaru backed boot liner and genuine luggage guard included.

The current mileage of the vehicle is just over 87k but will go up slightly as being used daily for my 40 mile round trip to work.

The asking price is £7995 no offers. This is reflective of the current market price and taking into account the few very minor issues.

I am available for viewings most evenings and weekends (not fathers day w/e sorry) so just call or email to organise an appropriate time. Please no timewasters or test pilots, proof of fully comprehensive insureance must be viewed before any test drives you break it, you buy it. Sorry to be so blunt but she is my pride and joy.

Detailed Specs below.

Standard Mechanical Specification includes:
2.5 litre 16 valve boxer 4 cylinder EJ257 STi (AVCS) engine with intercooler turbo making 280 bhp as standard.
6 speed close ratio manual gearbox mated to permanent 4 wheel drive.
Powerful Brembo 4 wheel disc brakes including dinner plate sized discs with 4-piston calipers at the front and 2 piston at the rear.
To deal with the extra power, the Forester STi gets upgraded suspension components including beefier anti-roll bars and cross-members.

Upgrades:
Milltek 100 cell Sports Cat
Milltek S/S Exhaust System
Cosworth Panel Air Filter
Remapped to 330BHP / 330ftlb torque
BC Racing 16way adjustable Coilovers set to the 07 Impreza STi Ride height and geometry settings
Mtec Grooved Discs with Genuine Brembo Pads
Goodridge braided front and rear brake hoses.

Standard Interior Specification:
STI bucket type sports seats with alcantara inserts & STi logos embossed into the material, split / foldable rear
seats with 3 x 3 point rear seat belts, Isofix baby seat mountings, foldable rear seat arm-rest with part reclinable rear seats, height
adjustable upper seatbelt anchors for each of 4 main seats, STi option Gear **** , STi option alloy pedal covers. Ther is additional storage under
boot area partition, reclinable rear seats, rear luggage area cover, full set of Subaru original deep pile fitted mats,
Momo SRS leather trimmed steering wheel with STi logo, SRS airbag for passenger, pre-tensioners on front seatbelts - linked to the SRS system,
leather STi shift ****, climate controlled air conditioning, electric door mirrors with retract mode, heated wipers, factory fitted privacy glass,
full electric windows, original option side visors & remote controlled central locking.

Upgrades:
The previous owner went to town on the Sound system upgrades: See Link http://www.mdracing.co.uk/archive/forester_sti.asp
headunit: Kenwood DNX-5220BT
front speakers: Alpine SPR-17S
rear speakers: Alpine SPR-134A
subwoofer: Standard Subaru 6x9
amplifier: Alpine V12
Android Based computer with 32GB storage fitted to dash pod running Torque Pro diagnostics and will run all google Aps such as Maps, Deezer etc..
If an OBD links Bluetooth adapter is purchased live stream data can be viewed to monitor oil pressures, boost etc..

Exterior Specs:
Full 2nd generation Sti factory fitted bodykit consisting of front bumper, side-skirts, rear bumper & original option sports mud guards.
There is privacy glass for all rear windows (Factory fitted) with pilarless glass on all doors, Crystal design headlights with HID,
Factory fitted 18" lightweight alloy wheels with 4 good sports tyres of size: 225/40R18, Aero roof rails, high level rear spoiler with integrated
brake light, sports front grille, vented bonnet, rear wash wipe.

Any other questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Whoever buys this car will love it!!

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0367.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	19071   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0329.JPG
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	19072   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0280.JPG
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	19073   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0286.JPG
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	19074   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0343.JPG
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	19075  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0284.JPG
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	19076   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0293.JPG
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	19077   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0312.JPG
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	19078   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0337.JPG
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	19079   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0341.JPG
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	19080  

Old 18 June 2015, 05:33 PM
Richard Warnock
Scooby Newbie

Forgot to add there is a s/s exhaust manifold with integrated decat up pipe included in the sale.
Old 21 June 2015, 06:54 PM
vertematidog
Scooby Regular

Whats the tax on these please, is the 2.5 engine in these fragile or proven, cheers in advance !
Old 22 June 2015, 08:51 AM
Richard Warnock
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by vertematidog
Whats the tax on these please, is the 2.5 engine in these fragile or proven, cheers in advance !
Hi vertematidog,

This is the low tax model. It's roughly £240 year. I pay on the new DD scheme and it works out at just over £20 month.
With regards to the engine there are people or threads on here that are better suited to answer your questions however the EJ series of engines are good proven motors. As with any high performance engine the key is to keep them well maintained which this car is. The STi engines themselves are good for 400hp on the stock internals with the semi-closed deck blocks. The pistons are the weak points if detonation occurs due to a bad ECU tune however the Litchfield map on this car is proven and extremely reliable.
The following link is a good read up of the EJ motors and any issues they may have.
http://www.superstreetonline.com/how...s-engine-tech/

Thanks
Old 22 June 2015, 03:26 PM
ads_
Scooby Newbie

Hi fella where abouts are you based? Also any chance you could upload a picture of the scuff in the front bumper ? I'm very interested and been struggling to find a decent car.
Old 22 June 2015, 07:21 PM
Richard Warnock
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by ads_
Hi fella where abouts are you based? Also any chance you could upload a picture of the scuff in the front bumper ? I'm very interested and been struggling to find a decent car.
Hi ads,

Based just on the outskirts of Coventry.
You won't be disappointed with the forester!!

Scuff on bumper<br/>
Old 23 June 2015, 02:18 PM
ads_
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Richard Warnock
Hi ads,

Based just on the outskirts of Coventry.
You won't be disappointed with the forester!!

Scuff on bumper<br/>
Ok great, that scuff should come out. I'm based just south of Milton Keynes are you free at the weekend for me to come and have a closer look ?
Old 23 June 2015, 06:06 PM
Richard Warnock
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by ads_
Ok great, that scuff should come out. I'm based just south of Milton Keynes are you free at the weekend for me to come and have a closer look ?
Hi ads,

Shouldn't be a problem.
I have a potential viewing Thursday and a confirmed viewing sat if Thurs falls through.
What time are you thinking?
Old 25 June 2015, 01:10 PM
Richard Warnock
Scooby Newbie

SOLD to vertematidog

Hope you enjoy her as much as i have.....

very sad day for me :-(
Old 25 June 2015, 04:52 PM
vertematidog
Scooby Regular

Excellent drive home, 130 miles, it's a beast ! Thanks again time to give it a polish !
Old 02 July 2015, 07:33 PM
Aeleys
Scooby Newbie

Might need to get one of these just to sit next to my blob sti