Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

Bugeye WRX PPP Wagon 278bhp (for sale, prefer to part exchange for Blob/Hawk Wagon)

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2015, 09:26 PM
Miztera
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bugeye WRX PPP Wagon 278bhp (for sale, prefer to part exchange for Blob/Hawk Wagon)

Was going to wait till later in the year but no harm in testing the water I guess. I would prefer a part exchange with a blob or even hawk wagon ppp or non ppp but with similar mods/power, I might even consider a forester along the same lines. I have some money I can add for the right car. I would rather not be without a car but I will sell for cash but only for asking price. My preference is to swap with cash your way. Your car would be in the region of £3k-£5k.

I have spent over £3000 in the last year of ownership on it, as detailed below.

2002 Bugeye WRX Wagon PPP
Paint 08v Mica Black (Black with blue specs)
Prodrive Kit fitted after a few thousand miles by original owner with certificate from Subaru dealer.
Prodrive UK300 Headlights
Almost full Service History with folder full of receipts
Andy Forest Remap
Clutch Replaced 70k
Momo Gear **** with Momo Leather Gaiter
Alpine Double Din Fitted with Parrot Bluetooth and Mic
Hella 1000ff Main Beam Lights fitted, not fogs
95k Miles
Mot Until Feb 2016

Service Stamps In the book:

- Feb 2002 987k (Subaru Tiley of Bristol)
- March 2002 1069k (Subaru Tiley of Bristol)
- Feb 2003 9864k (Subaru Tiley of Bristol)
- Feb 2004 20170k (Subaru Tiley of Bristol)
- Feb 2005 25120k (Subaru Tiley of Bristol)
- Feb 2006 29543k (Subaru Tiley of Bristol)
- Jan 2007 32170k (Subaru Tiley of Bristol)
- June 2008 44324k (Subaru4you Newbury)

This is where the service stamps in the book stop up to my ownership and the 92k full service by Hypertech ,but other receipts are as followed, the car also has a work history sheet that previous owners have entered work done with dates and mileage. Some of the entries are for self work with no invoice,obviously these are marked with SELF** Anything with a garage name below there is invoice's for.

- **Jul 2009 60000k Full service, Eng, gbox and diff oils replaced, oil air and fuel filters and s/plugs replaced - SELF**
- **Sept 2009 64000 Engine oil and filter - SELF**
- Jan 2010 Air flow ration sensor replaced (£300) Stan Palmer Ltd Subaru
- July 2010 68583k Oil and filter service Kwik Fit Barrow, Abbey Road
- July 2010 68770k New clutch and bearing (£624) Stan Palmer Ltd Subaru
- Nov 2011 75140k Oil and filter sevice Kwik Fit Barrow, Abbey Road
- Apr 2013 4 pot reconditioned calipers and discs and pads, Scoobyworx (£472)
- Apr 2013 Oil filter and gasket sump delivered Auto Ecosse (this is obviously a self service)
- May 2013 82148k Full service, pads, front calipers fitted (£600) Cherrybank
- **Aug 2013 Aftermarket 2 way alarm fitted - SELF**
- **June 2014 89200k Eng Oil, filter and plug - SELF**
- Nov 2014 92k full service as below at Hypertech. This was the first thing I got done to the car in my ownership, rest is detailed below.

Work Recently done in my ownership in one year amounts to £3000 (I bought this car a year ago and mileage was 89k the previous owner serviced the car before passing on to me, he was a member on scottish scoobies and here too I believe
- Nov 2014 92,478k Full service by Hypertech, all filters, all oils spark plugs etc (£393.00)
- 92,500k Michelin Pilot Sport 3's fitted all round. Excellent premium tyres (£400) Tracking was done also (Jim Dicksons)
- 93,005k Hayward and Scott Up Pipe fitted to remove the old up pipe cat, headlight relays, sockets and connectors were replaced, Hypertech again (£557.00)
- 93,500k Sti Prodrive Sports Cat and delete pipe fitted, Aircon and Altenator Belts replaced, Gearbox oil changed to castrol universal. New goodridge braided front and rear brake lines fitted, Motul RBF 600K racing brake fluid, K@ N high flow panel filter, Walbro 255 furl pump fitted, NGK 7 SPark Plugs Fitted. Labour for this was (351.00) I bought and supplied all the parts for this, good condition prodrive cat (£150), Belts (£20), Gearbox oil (£48), Brake Hoses (£60), Brake fluid (£25), Fuel Pump (£70), NGK 7 Plugs (£37), K and N filter (£35) - About £400 in parts + the £351 labour)
- Andy Forrest Remap - £480 car came in at 278bhp with dual map, Low and high boost maps, switchable with the rear demister button. Ecu can now be tuned at less cost by any ecutek mapper, receipt and picture to prove.

Other bits and pieces I have done to the car.

- Alpine Double Din CD player with parrot bluetooth, mic fitted next to map light.
- HKS SSQV IV Blow off valve genuine (£240)
- The original wrx alloys were painted a terrible blue/grey colour so I swapped them out for a used set of 2008 wrx wheels in anthracite.
- New front nightbreaker bulbs and philips side light bulbs.
- New number plates.
- Aftermarket blob style sti bonnet scoop colour matched.
- I also bought an original boot rubber mat.
- I replaced the prodrive backbox with an afterbunner vortex also as the the prodrive box was just too quiet on idle/low revs. IMO the car sounds perfect now, not too loud and not too quiet.

The car has been using Fuchs Titan Race Pro R 15W-50 since the full service at 92,478k and I have another 5 litres and a black oem oil filter ready for the next change which will be due soon. The car is always run on Tesco Momentum 99. The cambelt and tensioners and water pump I will be doing in the next week or two also. So there will be a receipt for that from hypertech to boot (£400 ish) will get them to change the oil and filter while its in.

As you can see I have more than looked after it since owning for a year. After the recent remapp the car just feels like a different car and although costly for the parts and labour and remap license it was worth it, its pulling so well in every gear, and is quite frankly a joy to drive. The car drives spot on and does not miss a beat, It is always warmed up fully before going on boost also. The discs and pads have plenty of life left in them and the pilot sports 3's have only done a few thousand of gentle driving.

Also Included:
- Original wrx alloys and wheel nuts
- Original bonnet scoop
- Baileys DV10 Dump Valve
- Original Prodrive backbox
- Original stereo

Bad Points: (Some of these small jobs might get done int he coming months if I still have the car)

- Previous owner has fitted an aftermarket alarm which works well, but the fob does not unlock the doors, someone with electrical knowledge should easily be able to fix, alarm woks well though and previous owner said he had difficulty locating the right wires for the fob to work the central locking.
- Rear arches are starting to bubble - (I was quoted £400 to cut out the affected bits and respray by a body shop) although they are not that bad, surface bubbles.
- 13 year old car chips and marks
- Rear passenger window I accidentally smashed while putting shopping in the back. This has been replaced but will need tinted to match the other rear windows. (£50)
- Really just need someone who is competent with a polisher to bring it back to life.
- Cat C due to minor bump (see pics)

Cat C Incident:
- As you can see it was a pretty minor accident during the previous owners ownership, he had a new bumper fitted and also a stainless bumpber guard with impreza embossed into it added, the car has its vic certificate also.

Pictures (A friend has our camera so I will updated with better pictures soon) I have included pictures of the cat c bump that previous owner gave me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	T4tIO4n.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	422.1 KB
ID:	74113

Name:	lgTcsqC.jpg
Size:	500.9 KB
ID:	74114

Recent Pictures

Name:	mgks3WH.jpg
Size:	660.5 KB
ID:	74115

Name:	SaqkO0c.jpg
Size:	807.1 KB
ID:	74116

Name:	UNpeeRp.jpg
Size:	571.4 KB
ID:	74117

Name:	SmiOJQ6.jpg
Size:	555.2 KB
ID:	74118

Name:	DH68JtF.jpg
Size:	439.9 KB
ID:	74119

Price Im asking for is £2995, this is what I value the car at considering the amount of cash I spent in a year of owning it. But as already stated I would much prefer a swap with cash your way. If I had just bought it and fitted budget tyres and done a quick engine oil change then put it up for sale 6k miles later I would obviously be asking for a lot less. New owner will not need to worry about tyres, brakes, cam belts, servicing, clutch etc and have a car that drives great and been mapped by the best mapper in the country. If I still own the car come autumn I would probably be looking to get the set of discs and pads from godspeed to fit before the winter, they do a full set of grooved discs and kevlar pads for around £230, although the discs are fine and new pads only would be fine.

The car is used daily but not as a daily driver, I have done 6k miles in 1 year so you get the picture, Its not taken to the track or driven vigorously around B roads as 99% of the time I have other occupants in the car.

Car is now booked in at Hypertech on 10th June for Cambelt, water pump and tensioners

Any questions feel free to ask. I will be advertising it on other sites in the near future

Last edited by Miztera; 30 May 2015 at 06:07 PM.
Old 30 May 2015, 12:49 AM
User 21721
Scooby Regular

Its silly what insurance companies sometimes class Cat C's these days

Anyways car does look nice and clean, so glwts bud

Regards,

Subaru Collector 555.
Old 30 May 2015, 06:06 PM
Miztera
Scooby Regular