Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

1999 V5 Sti Wagon £3000

Search this Thread

Old 27 October 2014, 01:01 PM
gra2730
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 V5 Sti Wagon £3000

102k, its all miles no km I have the dealer receipt for the conversion, since I have had the car I have had this work done, it has had a full cambelt kit, new coolant, new hrc 255l fuel pump, new k and n panel filter, oil service with Millers cfs 10/50 (black Subaru oil filter) and a tweak by Bob Rawle producing 326/326 by delta dash. Always run on 99ron and now mapped for Momentum. It has a folder full of paperwork, rear diff by api, api fitted the last cambelt before I had it replaced and fitted an uprated oil pump, godspeed refurbished calipers with stainless pistons painted black with godspeed discs and Kevlar pads all around, cdf drop links, been on a ssm no problems, falken 453 all around with good tread, in the last few years it has had a new radiator too. Import documents from Tokyo to Southampton with container details. It has always been enthusiast owned as far as I can gather. Reason for sale is I would like a newage as a daily. I will post the original add up from when I bought the car:

This car was imported from new by Park Lane Motors. I have the original purchase receipt for £28,000. It has had 4 former keepers.

I bought this car in 2009 from another enthusiast with around 55,000 miles on the clock. It has currently covered 99,500 miles. It has Subaru service history stamped up to 45,000 miles where the previous owner and then I took over servicing.

Engine.
The engine internals have not been modified in any way except for the addition of a modified oil pump at 80,000 miles as this is a known problem with these cars (fitted with receipt by api). The exhaust is a ninja sports 100 cell cat down pipe (I have original cat), ninja resonated centre section and H&S back box. I have also added a Simota panel filter. With these additions I had Bob Rawle remap the car and it is now running 311bhp/321fIb (I have graph to prove). The engine is run on Millers CFS 10w50 and uses no oil between services. It returns between 25 and 27 MPG. Always run on V Power.

Interior
The car has unique leather and grey suede interior with embroidered STI logos. This cost to the original owner another £1000. It has folding mirrors and a parrot phone system. The stereo has been upgraded to an Alpine head unit (remote control) with iPod connection. It has uprated speakers with an amp and punch sub (in enclosure) in the boot (which is removable).

Wheels
The wheels are genuine Prodrive stamped P1 alloys with good Falken 453 tyres.

Bad points
The drivers rear wheel arch is starting to get bubble rust, I've had a quote for getting this done but haven’t gotten around to it.

I have extensive history with the car including MOT’s going back to 2002. The history reads as a who’s who of the Subaru world - API, Godspeed, CDF, Opi Oils, Aztec, Bob Rawle, etc.

It has detachable tow bar, Excedy organic Clutch, Red Samco hoses, Clifford G5 alarm with remote start.

These cars are getting rare, apart from the rear arch there is some paint flaking on the driver side bodykit, the clock doesn't work and the drivers door speakers do not work, I haven't looked at this. This is a genuine STI imported into the UK from new. I have probably forgotten loads but contact me for more info.

Price is £3k no offers.
[/FONT][/FONT]

Last edited by gra2730; 27 October 2014 at 03:35 PM.
Old 27 October 2014, 03:17 PM
ClassicEddie
Scooby Regular

This for sale about June time? Are you the original seller or a new one?
Old 27 October 2014, 03:34 PM
gra2730
Scooby Regular

No I bought it in june, I am selling to fund a newage which I want to go back to, I find them easier on me to drive with an illness I have, car is exactly as sold to me except for the mechanical work I have done and map tweak.

Also tax until march, not sure on tax rules but I do have the paper part. if applicable its included in price.

Last edited by gra2730; 27 October 2014 at 03:36 PM.
Old 28 October 2014, 08:45 AM
gra2730
Scooby Regular

Checked on tax rules, looks like even if you bought tax before the changes you still have to claim tax back from the car and buyer taxes car. mot until March but if a problem will put a new mot on for the new buyer.👍
Old 29 October 2014, 03:34 PM
tan v5sti
Scooby Regular

Are you going to break it
Old 29 October 2014, 04:27 PM
gra2730
Scooby Regular

No sorry the car is way too good to break, sure the breakers would make a few £££ if they bought it and did though.
Old 30 October 2014, 01:38 PM
notfub
Scooby Regular

Hi,
Do you have fitting certificate for the alarm as some insurance companies require it?
Did you get the tow bar from the previous owner?
Did you find the root cause of the blue smoke on startup? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...n-startup.html)
Can you also post some recent pics, especially the rear arch bubbling and the other paint damage.
How many miles has the car done since the exedy clutch was fitted and was the flywheel changed at the same time.
How long since the MAF was changed?

Thanks

Last edited by notfub; 30 October 2014 at 01:48 PM. Reason: added a few more questions
Old 30 October 2014, 03:29 PM
gra2730
Scooby Regular

Hello.

Yes there is a installation certificate for an alarm in the paperwork although I never had to use it, it had a maf and lamda from ICP so genuine parts within the last 18 months receipts to prove. No smoke whatever, as stated cambelt fitted by a very good Subaru tech I have used for many years. Ssm was used to check status, all ok. Bob then mapped it in august and everything was fine. I have the detachable tow bar. Used to trailer a motorbike around so nothing too hefty. I only have an iphone but will take some pictures when I get a chance of the rust bubbling and drivers skirt which has some marks (some will come off if detailed properly as it is shoe marks as I get in/out of the car. I would get it all sorted in the same job if I kept the car. As for smoke that post was from 2011 2 subarus ago This car has no known mechanical issues.

Api skimmed flywheel (invoice date 08/06/2010 and Exedy 230mm clutch from Aztec Performance dated 01/06/2010. No receipt for who fitted it so no idea of mileage.

I will post the photos when I can any more information you need don't hesitate to ask
Old 30 October 2014, 03:49 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Almost tempted to offer you a swap for my blob wagon.
Old 30 October 2014, 03:56 PM
gra2730
Scooby Regular

Excuse the quality of the photos and location, iphone and drive of the house nothing supersonic.

Last edited by gra2730; 30 October 2014 at 03:57 PM.
Old 30 October 2014, 04:02 PM
gra2730
Scooby Regular

The drivers skirt has some paint flaked off as described but some are shoe marks, its not that clear and I tried to take the worst possible angle of it.

Last edited by gra2730; 30 October 2014 at 04:04 PM.
Old 30 October 2014, 05:40 PM
gra2730
Scooby Regular

Hello feel free to pass details on if interested.

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
Almost tempted to offer you a swap for my blob wagon.
Old 31 October 2014, 11:08 AM
notfub
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gra2730
As for smoke that post was from 2011 2 subarus ago This car has no known mechanical issues.
Doh, sorry about that mate.

With regard to the clutch, what mileage was listed on the MOT's prior to and after June 2010 as that may give an indication of the mileage at the time of the change?

Is the car running stock STI suspension and is this the original setup? Any bushes/springs/dampers been changed etc?

Is the bubbling on one arch or both?

Having not owned an import before (my 2 previous scoobs were uk spec), how painful is the insurance these days in relation to a uk car?

Is it possible to view this weekend?

Last edited by notfub; 31 October 2014 at 12:05 PM. Reason: added suspension question
Old 31 October 2014, 12:31 PM
gra2730
Scooby Regular

Hello notfub.

It looks like the mileage around that time is around 50k, simple way of finding out I should of thought of that!!! It does not slip and engages/disengages as it should. The car is totally standard apart from modifications mentioned and as far as I know its the original setup with suspension. Nothing has been changed looking at the paperwork but it drives straight and true. As for the arch it is just that one, others are solid, as for insurance I use Gary Moulson and compared to my previous uk bugeye running 321 bhp there is no difference although I do have a extra years no claims although it is still 7 the maximum I can protect. I am 37 with 2 little ones though so its not as painful for me, gary does a great job with pricing though.

Yes its available to view apart from Saturday night as hopefully travelling to Bristol.

I hope this is all good information to you, I would say come to view I don't think you would be disappointed.

All the best

Originally Posted by notfub
Doh, sorry about that mate.

With regard to the clutch, what mileage was listed on the MOT's prior to and after June 2010 as that may give an indication of the mileage at the time of the change?

Is the car running stock STI suspension and is this the original setup? Any bushes/springs/dampers been changed etc?

Is the bubbling on one arch or both?

Having not owned an import before (my 2 previous scoobs were uk spec), how painful is the insurance these days in relation to a uk car?

Is it possible to view this weekend?

Last edited by gra2730; 31 October 2014 at 12:32 PM.
Old 31 October 2014, 01:56 PM
notfub
Scooby Regular

Thanks for answering the questions so quickly

I cannot help but factor in a clutch/fly change at some point in the not too distant future.
I know you stated that the price was fixed and I can understand why, considering the maintenance you have carried out since you have taken ownership. I'm going to do a little bit of research and have a think.
Old 31 October 2014, 02:23 PM
gra2730
Scooby Regular

No problem, I am very fussy and this is my 7th Subaru so I can imagine some of what you are seeing at the moment if you have been looking. I am also a member of a couple of local Subaru clubs just to show you that I love these cars and know how to take care of them. As I said, car is mechanically sound and if you want to come and test the car for yourself feel free to pop over to take a look its about 30 minutes from the severn bridge

Last edited by gra2730; 31 October 2014 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01 November 2014, 03:05 PM
Reef
Scooby Regular

MY BABY!!

I was the previous owner and still miss this car!

Good luck with the sale and I really hope it goes to another enthusiast. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me.

Dave
Old 01 November 2014, 03:20 PM
gra2730
Scooby Regular

Hello Dave, hope the Subaru is going well I will definitely miss her when she is gone, had only one person turn up so far and wanted on the spot but had loads of trouble cancelling insurance policy from the jaguar they had, they also quoted silly money. The car only gets compliments but time to go back to newage👍 thanks for the offer of info too😄

Last edited by gra2730; 01 November 2014 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01 November 2014, 03:33 PM
Reef
Scooby Regular

I'm confident the first person to drive it will buy it.

I'd be tempted myself if I hadn't ploughed so much money into my Blob.

No worries on helping with the sale, I had this car for 5 years and did 50,000 miles in her so know her inside out.

Dave
Old 01 November 2014, 03:40 PM
gra2730
Scooby Regular

I hope it goes to an enthusiast too, it is on piston heads and eBay now so who knows, I did keep it only on Subaru forums for a few weeks hoping for it to go to one. I can see why you kept it for 5 years, smiles per mile for sure, just pesky cfs forcing sale, looking to go bug possibly blob, whatever it is definitely won't be as much fun. Hope the modding is going well👍
Old 01 November 2014, 04:05 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

A lot of car for the money, Had a STi Version 6 which is pretty much the same as the version 5 and out of all my Impreza's(8 of them) it was the most enjoyable to drive, even with a exhaust and map they are so quick, it would take quite a modified newage to be able to keep up!!

Would love it myself tbh, but dont think the missus would let me have anymore cars!!!
Old 01 November 2014, 09:07 PM
G-string
Scooby Regular

Would love this but just bought a hawk wagon. But if it's still nocking around in the new year could be tempted as a 2nd car 😄. Really nice looking sti wagon, can't see it hanging around long
Old 02 November 2014, 01:48 AM
gra2730
Scooby Regular

Couldn't sleep so thought I would check my thread, thanks for the compliments, to be honest I am still surprised it's still for sale, there is a lot of rubbish out there and it's so much car for the money, you are right it will embarrass quite a few more powerful cars😎, I really would like to see it go to someone who is an enthusiast, Hawkeye wagon very nice, don't see many around😄👍 anyone who wants to view please don't hesitate to pm me...my misses is not into subarus at all so feel your pain, lol😳👍
Old 02 November 2014, 06:59 PM
gra2730
Scooby Regular

Car is sold to a fellow enthusiast, nice chap, thanks for the interest everyone👍
Old 02 November 2014, 07:13 PM
Reef
Scooby Regular

That was quick, good work

If you want to give the new owner my mobile number feel free to do so.

Dave
Old 02 November 2014, 07:48 PM
gra2730
Scooby Regular

Cheers Dave, through eBay funny enough, he seemed very happy, miss it a bit already, checked your blob photos out, looks very nice and will let the new owner know😄👍
Old 05 November 2014, 10:52 AM
MalcB
Scooby Regular

Hi Gra
Just seen this. Was tempted myself but I see it's sold now. I've still got the Cupra R but thinking about a change and Scoobies do get under your skin.
Old 05 November 2014, 11:04 AM
gra2730
Scooby Regular

Hello Malc, been a while you would of enjoyed the car, amazing point to point car, they definitely do get under your skin but funny enough thinking about another cupra as well, great daily your old one, I would come and see the black one but I don't have enough funds I doubt let the search begin!!!
Old 05 November 2014, 11:27 AM
MalcB
Scooby Regular

The Cupra R is going for about £4650 when I can get around to it. I must say they make great daily drivers and the mapped R is better on fuel than the Red one was. Often see 30 plus on the way to work (when there a lot of traffic about. You know what I mean) Good luck with your search
Old 05 November 2014, 11:32 AM
gra2730
Scooby Regular

Yes bit too strong for me malc but I know it's a great car especially now you have mapped it, glwts😄 drop me a pm if you go subaru again, some of the boys have big power cars and quite a few strokers 2.1 and Iain has broken into the 600's with a 2.35, lovely cars

Quick Reply: 1999 V5 Sti Wagon £3000