Styling Exterior styling

*******SPOILER HELP********

Search this Thread

Old 21 May 2010, 09:51 AM
vava voom
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry *******SPOILER HELP********

Hi guys, i have got a problem, i bought a version 6 spoiler for my type r a little while ago from here and i have only just got round to getting it fitted. However after taking it to the body shop we have come across some problems, firstley the bolts holding the two parts together have rusted and we can not seem to remove them..and the bolts used to secure the spoiler to the boot (the previous owner...A ****) have not been removed them, they have been cut off with the bolt still inside!!! any ideas on how i should go about removing these without casuing more damge to the spoiler (we have tried WD40 but it doesnt seem to be losening). Also what do you guys think about glueing the spoiler on? the guy at the body shop said he doesnt want to glue it on or spray it unless he can seperate the two parts of the spoiler...

Last edited by vava voom; 21 May 2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old 21 May 2010, 12:00 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

What's it made of? And are thge bolts that are cut off captive bolts, or are the nuts captive in the spoiler?

TBH, if the bolts are rusted into captive nuts, you are as likely to damage the spoiler as not, getting them out. It MIGHT be then possible to repair any damage you do, but take advice from your bodyshop. They will know and it will depend on wjhat it's made of

As for spraying, well it CAN be done, I had one done that was connected together and it was OK.
Old 26 May 2010, 06:15 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It should mount the same as the P1 one. Bolts down through the bootlid with nuts on the underside of the bootlid. Reads like it's going to be a little difficult to sort out.

If it's a genuine V6 spoiler, don't ask Subaru how much a new bottom 1/2 is!

J.