Mods to lose attention?..

Search this Thread

Old 18 January 2010, 01:10 AM
k-kustom
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mods to lose attention?..

Hi,

Ive got a classic wrx wagon, and im trying to lose all the unwanted gawping from the kids and chavs in the area..

The front end needs a refresh anyway. So Ive been thinking I can make it looks newer and freshed while loosing the ..''YAHHH its a ImprEZZA INNIT!!'' ( I like the looks... but I dont want to risk a load of attempted thefts too? )

So go facelift, new cystal lights and repeaters and sidelights.. and do a few small performance mods..????

So im thinking of running a Black FMIC and then fitting a facelift non turbo bonnet.?.. surly this has been done?..

Losing all the Standard WRX decals and stickers and maybe painting the C pillar Black to blend in all the windows??.

I was even thinking of getting a 'Gravel express' Tailgate with the mounted wheel..

Whats your opinions good and bad... ???

I dont want to make it look crap, so no Fiat bafges or anything.. just to tone down the looks a little and loose the prying Chav eyes?...

Last edited by k-kustom; 18 January 2010 at 01:14 AM.
Old 18 January 2010, 08:43 PM
superstar1
BANNED

Sell and buy a Ford Mondeo
Old 18 January 2010, 09:00 PM
scoobymad555
Scooby Regular

chavs will always recognise a scooby unfortunately - it's the downside of the unmistakeable styling

Wouldn't go for the gravel express option personally - think it'd look sh1te to be blunt about it

Liking the other cosmetics ideas but if you're not careful too much black starts to cross into what the chavs identify as a "pimp tidy ride" or failing that you get mistaken for being a dealer either way you still get too much unwanted attention

Biggest things noticed would be ditching the stickers and picking one of the uglier sets of standard alloys to put it on. That and a quiet exhaust and re-circ valve if you don't already have them Get it looking standard really. Oh and put a flat cap on the dashboard somewhere

That's just my opinion though which probably doesn't count for much .... mines offensively loud and has decals ..... and an expensive alarm, tracking system and soon to add a removable steering wheel
Old 18 January 2010, 10:40 PM
k-kustom
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobymad555
and soon to add a removable steering wheel
Lol.. my quick release adapter has arrived today!.. simply the BEST realistic and convenient deterrent.

Thanks for the advice though pal!..

Ive built a few high end cars.. all nissan.

Just a certain type of attention im getting in this pretty standard Impreza I dont like..

Ill stick a few pics of my alterations on here for some feedback anyway.

Chars!