Styling Exterior styling

Rear Lights Advice

Search this Thread

Old 31 July 2009, 11:57 PM
robman23
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Lights Advice

Hi guys, im new to this site so apologies if this is in the wrong topic. I have just bought myself a 2000 awd 2.0 gl impreza, im only 20 and this is all the insurance companies will allow unfortunatly. lol. Anyway iv had it 2 weeks, done a bit to it. Put a wrx front bumper on, p1 back box an sti interior and a K&N induction kit. Next to change is the back lights. I think those orange bits on the standard lights look terrible, so anyway i was hoping for some pics of different rear lights or just general ideas on rear lights that look nice on a silver gl imprezas. Any other ideas for bits and bobs to do are more than welcome. Cheers robman23
Old 01 August 2009, 10:56 PM
RED2
Scooby Regular

i think 99% of people on here would say these, sti lights

Sti rear lights on silver image by nhbcunningham on Photobucket
Old 01 August 2009, 11:06 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

STi lights are the only option. Everything else looks gash and chav.

Are your insurers aware of all the changes you've made to your car already ? If they aren't, you might find yourself uninsured if it's in their interests It's usually cheaper to insure a standard higher spec model, than a modified bottom spec (eg - 03 WRX PPP with 260bhp was usually dearer than 03 STi 265bhp).

Also, I know getting into the Scooby scene is exciting, but for what it costs to buy and run an N/A model, you could have a much better handling and faster hot-hatch. I always say leave it alone until you can do it properly.

Your money, your choice though. Just my opinion.
Old 02 August 2009, 12:49 AM
robman23
Scooby Regular

ah I can see why you all like the sti lights. Think il be getting some, im guessing ebay is the best place? Also thanks for the advice about hot hatches and stuff but iv been there and done that lol. my first car was a mk5 fessy zetec s which i had for 8 months in which time i did a 1.7 puma engine conversion and the car iv just gone from (for sale atm) is a saxo vtr with a vts conversion. Not proper hot hotches but age and insurance is a problem. As for the na impreza I actually fancied summin a bit slower for now well i get used to driving a big awd car then maybe after xmas, early next year il get a proper impreza cos il be 21 then and my insurance should drop a fair way. Oh yeah last thing, yes all declared on the insurance cos its not worth the risk. Cheers for your feedback tho guys.
Old 02 August 2009, 09:38 AM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

STi lights are your best option. Seal them in with this stuff: Carafax Products - Sealant Solutions

The one you want is the IDL99 stuff, some branches of Halfords are selling it at £1 a tube at the mo, enough to do LOADS of lights, but it's an end-of-lone offer so be quick. Normal price is £7 or so:EEK:
Scrape off the old stuff and use plenty of the above, or you'll have a boot full of water in no time

Oh, and the STi lights need modding: there is no rear foglight, so most folk put a red bulb or LEd into one of the reversing lights and mod the wiring to suit
Old 05 August 2009, 01:26 AM
robman23
Scooby Regular

one last and probably silly question. Are the saloon and estate rear lights the same? They look very similar if not identical? Cos there are some rear sti estate lights on ebay for £30.
Old 05 August 2009, 05:25 PM
Oskar
Scooby Regular

They are different.

Originally Posted by robman23
one last and probably silly question. Are the saloon and estate rear lights the same? They look very similar if not identical? Cos there are some rear sti estate lights on ebay for £30.

Trending Topics

Old 10 August 2009, 12:53 AM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

Location: DIESEL POWERED BORAT! SLAMMED, R32 WHEELS, MAPPED, DE-CAT, TINTS. LOVE IT!

sti lights deffo.... hope you got a deep wallet mate!

best mod i done..

BEFORE...

AFTER...

Old 10 August 2009, 10:31 AM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Probably a good idea to edit out your number plate
Old 10 August 2009, 10:16 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

Location: DIESEL POWERED BORAT! SLAMMED, R32 WHEELS, MAPPED, DE-CAT, TINTS. LOVE IT!

Last edited by G-Man1982; 10 August 2009 at 10:35 PM.