Styling Exterior styling

Exaust Advise.......

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2007, 06:00 AM
postie90
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exaust Advise.......

I want the rumble like most scoobys have, ive just got mine and it has a standard back box!!! the car is new so still under warrenty, a few things....do i have to change all the system to get the rumble or just cat back or just the back box.... and what do you guys recommend ive done a little looking and the ninja & ninja 2 from scooby world look decent and rated..... last thing has anyone changed the system while still under warrenty does it affect the warenty? will the car need a remap after to? thanks to anyone who replys
Old 15 September 2007, 09:17 AM
mattferret
Scooby Regular

You could always talk to Hayward & Scott....

They make custom systems and will do pretty much whatever you ask for - sound and looks wise.

Matt
Old 15 September 2007, 09:26 AM
scotthldr
Scooby Regular

Hi mate,

I fitted the Ninja back box to my 05 wrx when it was new. It gives a nice burble when idle and decent roar when planted. Doesn't affect the warranty and doesn't need remapping. Next year a new law is getting passed on noisey exhausts, there is a separate thread on here about it, so some of the louder exhausts could get you in bother.
Old 22 September 2007, 06:38 AM
kgt
Scooby Regular

postie, after a bit of searching and asking a few questions here, Ive fitted a deresonated centre section and the TSL Group N backbox to my 04 wrx. its quality equipment, supported by many on here and has a nice deep note. not to obtrusive at tickover and normal driving conditions, but when you really put your foot down it lets you and others around you know you mean business.

Check out my profile for a few pics and the sound clip. You wont be disappointed and you dont need a remap unless you mess with the cats.

Obviously you will affect the warranty on the car (unless you go for the full Prodrive system PPP), but IIRC only on those items you change, although I'm sure I will be corrected if I am wrong.