Styling Exterior styling

Simple bumper questions - help!

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2007, 04:44 PM
silent running
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Simple bumper questions - help!

I'm thinking of getting some dents and stonchips taken out and have been round a few bodyshops trying to get an idea what this would all cost. It's a MY98/v4 wagon. Some questions:
  • Are all bonnets and tailgates aluminium? Mine are, I just wondered if the UK ones were steel instead. I've seen a replacement tailgate off a 95 WRX, would it still be aluminium?
  • Will any classic rear bumper fit any model of classic? I.e. could I get a rear bumper off an early saloon and it would go straight on a late classic, or vice versa?
  • I'm assuming front bumpers pre and post facelift fit exactly the same. But does the v5/6 facelift bumper have any extra room behind it, do early foglights swap straight over, and does it come down any lower? I have a modified early bumper at the moment, chopped out to fit a FMIC (just!) with a P1 style splitter grafted on to cover the bottom rows of the FMIC. Will a later bumper come down lower without needing an extra splitter?
Many thanks for the answers!
Old 20 August 2007, 09:03 PM
silent running
Scooby Regular

Anyone?
Old 20 August 2007, 09:51 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are all bonnets and tailgates aluminium? Mine are, I just wondered if the UK ones were steel instead. I've seen a replacement tailgate off a 95 WRX, would it still be aluminium? Yes,all imports have ally bonnets UK have steel
Will any classic rear bumper fit any model of classic? I.e. could I get a rear bumper off an early saloon and it would go straight on a late classic, or vice versa? Yes straight fit
I'm assuming front bumpers pre and post facelift fit exactly the same. But does the v5/6 facelift bumper have any extra room behind it,(No) do early foglights swap straight over (Yes), and does it come down any lower? (No) I have a modified early bumper at the moment, chopped out to fit a FMIC (just!) with a P1 style splitter grafted on to cover the bottom rows of the FMIC. Will a later bumper come down lower without needing an extra splitter? (No)
Old 21 August 2007, 10:09 AM
silent running
Scooby Regular

Spot on, perfect answers, many thanks TC.