Styling Exterior styling

I want this mesh but how?

Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2007, 01:25 PM
2pac
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want this mesh but how?

I really want to get this mesh with the scooby logo on, but my front bumper has struts going across behind the number plate right where this mesh is on this car, is it a case of just puting the mesh infront of them or do i need a different type of bumper?

cheers
Old 08 July 2007, 04:44 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

A bit like this?

Did my own: bought a piece of black mesh from Halfords, cut it to shape roughly with wife's kitchen scissors Then spent half an hour trimming it slowly and carefully a bit at a time until it fit.

The top part is TWO pieces, mirror images of each other, held on with tiny black zip-ties around the OE grille bars, invisible once in place. (Except from VERY close up )

The bottom part is one piece, held in place with twists of copper wirepassed through the mesh and twisted from behind around those bars you spoke of, again invisible from anywhere except very close.

The Scoob badge was sprayed on with Hammerite smooth white, through a home made strencil, cut out of good quality paper, with a SHARP craft knife, (new blade ) and was originally downloaded from the net.

Points to watch: The mesh looks different according to which way up it is. Try BEFORE cutting. Ensure afterwards that ALL pieces are the same way up BEFORE cutting. Alloy mesh is easily cut with kitchen scissors, stainless is NOT.

Mine will be removed, resprayed and refitted this summer, if it EVER stops raining Might redo the Scoob badge in Hammerite RED.

Alcazar
Old 08 July 2007, 05:03 PM
2pac
Scooby Regular

YES exactly like that lol im gonna do it, im well excited now, u make it sound easy but i bet it aint!! will put a pic up when ive done it. thanks for the info.
Old 09 July 2007, 09:31 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 2pac
YES exactly like that lol im gonna do it, im well excited now, u make it sound easy but i bet it aint!! will put a pic up when ive done it. thanks for the info.
Easy? Yes I'd say so, about half a spanner in a Haynes Manual

Fiddly? A bit. You just have to cut a BIT at a time. Remember, you can't put it back on again

Mine cost me all of £11 as I had the paint and zip-ties.

Alcazar
Old 12 July 2007, 10:00 PM
Welloilbeefhooked
Scooby Regular

Just in the process of doing the lower section but my MY98 has had the bars removed by me lol. So I now have nothing to fix my mesh to.

Not to worry though, I have a plan!

It involves some angled black plastic to make the mounting surface for the mesh.