Styling Exterior styling

Window Tints

Search this Thread

Old 17 March 2007, 07:35 PM
ScoobaSteve
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Tints

Thinking of getting the windows tinted,and was wondering what the car would look like with just the back windows done in very dark tint.

Anyone got any input as to tint the lot or just the rear windows?

And pics of with/without would be good too

BTW car is an 02 WRX

Cheers
Old 17 March 2007, 08:58 PM
2pac
Scooby Regular

havenot got any pics but have got the rear windows tinted very dark on my 99. It looks pretty good in my opinion. When i got the car it had light tint on the front windows, so light u could hardly tell it was there yet i still got pulled over by the police and was given 7 days to remove the front, which i found hard to take as you couldnt really notice them.

So id just go with the rears anyway as unless you want to run the risk of your friendly local bobby pulling you over for illegal front tints.

I expect someone can give you the tinting percentages that are aloud in the front, but trust me it aint worth doing!!
Old 17 March 2007, 09:49 PM
scooby276blue
Scooby Regular

as long as there is 70% of light going though both ways you can get them done, my mate has the fronts done to 50% of light, he has been lucky so far
Old 19 March 2007, 06:23 PM
scoobchrissy
Scooby Senior

You can do the rears very dark (legaly) here are limo....

Last edited by scoobchrissy; 19 March 2007 at 06:25 PM.
Old 19 March 2007, 06:37 PM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

Had my rears done in 70%...

Old 23 March 2007, 05:36 PM
MatthewH
Scooby Regular

heres mine. cant remember the % without looking

Old 28 March 2007, 09:58 PM
IMPORTscoobyCHRIS
Scooby Newbie

These are mine dark alround, not had any probs from the boys in blue but may get my wrists slapped yet
Old 30 March 2007, 04:01 AM
fire911
Scooby Newbie

Default V COOL

I'm gonna make the side windows tinted with V-Kool, u dont know how much this works except if u ride in one.....well...as i travel a lot by my car....at morning...the passengers with me try to avoide the sun from the side windows....when i travelled with one of my friends in his V-Kool tinted car....the sun was like....nothing...no heat can come inside to us....and if you look to the car from the side....u will feel like the windows have a light greenish mirror on them....this permits only 35% of the sun rays to go through snd are 40% dark....they would look awsome....i will make the sides of my car and go for light dark tint on the back windsheild....this V-Kool as i read contains stailess steel sheets inside the tint...so it will also protect u from shatered glass if an accident happens....and the glass will hold itself....and will protect ur car from getting broken into...as theifs go for breaking the side windows as once they are broken, they come down as small pieces and then they can enter the car, but V-Cool window tints will make the glass only brake but not fall down.....so it wouldnt be easy for him to get into it easily.....ofcourse if he wants to jack up ur car...he will whether it is V-Kool or not or with an alarm sys. or not....cheers dude
Old 30 March 2007, 08:31 AM
Holyterror72
Scooby Regular

Does anyone know of anyone who can test the light percentage on window tints after they are done (not the plod)? I live just south of Sheffield so details of anyone around there would be good.

I was in Manchester the other day in my Furby VRS and got pulled over and the peretage of light on the front windows came out at 67.7% according to the nice policeman who callibrated the equipment himself road side and issued me a £30 fine. I got the car with the tints on and am not convinced that him calibrating it himself was right (if he still has current training which I have been told most havent). I will removethe tints if thyey are illegal but dont want to have to do it pointlessly.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
Old 30 March 2007, 08:38 AM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobaSteve
Thinking of getting the windows tinted,and was wondering what the car would look like with just the back windows done in very dark tint.

Anyone got any input as to tint the lot or just the rear windows?

And pics of with/without would be good too

BTW car is an 02 WRX

Cheers
Check out MY SCOOB <to the left to the left> got 70% on the rears and left the fronts standard.. they already have 30% from the factory
Old 01 April 2007, 09:35 PM
Sticky Stuff
Scooby Regular

Location: ShyTot graphics Location: Squires Bar Location: Wakecastlefract

Standard tints, from the factory, are almost on the limit of what's permissible. You stick anything other than clear security film onto them and they're illegal. Pretty straight forward.

Don't be fooled by the numbers. A 50% tint APPEARS to be almost non-existent, very, very light. But it's still 50%