Notices
Styling Exterior styling

Anyone bought a Scoobyworld STI replica spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 27 June 2006, 09:29 AM
Abx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone bought a Scoobyworld STI replica spoiler?

Looking at ordering one of these and wondered if anyone had bought one, £350 painted with a clear brake light so sounds good value.

Thanks
Arron
Old 28 June 2006, 06:40 PM
ryansclassicscoob
Scooby Regular

i ordered an sti5 and they had problems with the quality because the paint cracked so they said, so after 3 weeks they offered me an sti6 so i had that the paint isnt perfect and it didnt fit right but if you know what your doing you can alter the holes in the boot lid or have a bodyshop spray it and fit it which i'd recommend because there alot of blemishes in there paint or maybe it was just mine so good luck
Old 28 June 2006, 07:46 PM
daz_don1
Scooby Regular

Default sti spoiler

you could always try subaru.org.uk, i got my sti 6 spoiler from there but i got it painted at a paint shop for £60 spoiler was £140 ready primed but im sure they also spray them to your colour!
Old 29 June 2006, 02:45 PM
Abx
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys, I think that has put me off the scoobyworld one as I'd aslo have to drill some holes in the boot if I went for itse. Shame as it looks quite nice.

DR Motorsport it is then...
Old 29 June 2006, 03:48 PM
NeilT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ryansclassicscoob
i ordered an sti5 and they had problems with the quality because the paint cracked so they said, so after 3 weeks they offered me an sti6 so i had that the paint isnt perfect and it didnt fit right but if you know what your doing you can alter the holes in the boot lid or have a bodyshop spray it and fit it which i'd recommend because there alot of blemishes in there paint or maybe it was just mine so good luck
Ryan, as explained on the phone, we had a batch of STI5 spoilers from the factory, of which most went to the bodyshop for spraying and were unfortunately rejected upon completion of spraying. The complete batch have since been returned to our supplier. This unfortunately set us back a couple of weeks. We should have communicated this to you earlier, so apologies again for this.

The STI 6 spoiler was accepted as a replacement, sprayed, and sent you and we refunded the shipping charge for the inconvenience. The STI6 is a perfect fit, but does require holes to be drilled for rigid fixing.

All spoilers are QA inspected prior to dispatch, and any defects are returned to the bodyshop. However, if you weren't happy with the finish, you only had to call us, we would have happily collected it, and replaced it.

regards

Neil
Scoobyworld
www.scoobyworld.co.uk
Old 29 June 2006, 07:20 PM
ryansclassicscoob
Scooby Regular

the paint had only a few pimples in it and after waiting 3 weeks for it i really couldnt be bothered to send it back as it will proberly get stone chipped and the hole well 3 of them lined up and with them in it was over to one side and the hole that didnt line up was in the right place so i had to move the 3 holes over so it sat in the centre of the boot but after all that it does look good and i am please with the service after the 2 weeks of not letting me know what was going on but thanks its made my car look so much better
Old 29 June 2006, 07:37 PM
NeilT
Former Sponsor

ok, no problem, glad we got there in the end

Neil