Notices
Styling Exterior styling

Classic side skirts all the same?

Search this Thread

Old 11 December 2005, 02:57 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classic side skirts all the same?

I just wanted to know if the standard side skirts on the classic scoob fit all types of classics? 2 door/ 4 door & 5 door.
Ive used the skirts from my old 2 door to my 4 door no problems, they are the same length etc.
But Ive now tried fitting them to my wagon but I dont seem to get a good flush fit.
On the wagon the previous owner must have gone bonding seal mad, there's blobs of it all along the skirt of the body.Ive managed to remove all of it but noticed I am 2 holes short on either side. I am not sure if they have be drilled or are the original holes as standard but when the skirts are fitted they make contact with the doors.
Old 12 December 2005, 09:41 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Hows the project going, Looks like your working hard on it already, If you need any Silicone bonding seal, let me know as Ive got loads in the garage ( clear & black),

Remember my side skirts on my old classic were a bit of a nightmare, with the seal on them coming lose all the time, probably why the previous owner went mad with the bonding seal trying to keep them in.
Old 12 December 2005, 10:24 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

Smile

The last 4 weeks has been truly knackering. Work as normal for 10 hours then to the garage for about 4 hours then bed, same routine everday except spending all day & most of the night at the garage Sat/Sun.
I ended up getting some cheap weight lifting gloves just to protect what skin I had left on my hands.
I will have to repaint the living room just to remove the oily fingers print left behind when trying to find the light switch after getting home. Mrs was well pleased NOT.

Ive actually completed all the hard bits, engine, box are in and running, all panels on but need some tweeking to line up doors. Loom & dash all in. Even managed to save the alarm all works perfect. All that without a ramp.
Just need bodywork to the rear 1/4 & fresh paint all over to match. Bond the rear 1/4 glass to complete.

But Ive come across a problem after fitting the lights. Found that the previous onwner has bodged the rear lights. I wondered why there was an extra switch hidden by the side of the drivers seat turns out that it turns the rear lights on & the no. plate lights.

So at the moment I am left with no dash illumination, no rear number plate lights & rear lights.
Headlights work fine as well as brake.
So its either dash all off again & fit my old front loom as this seems to be the problem with the current one or get a sparky.
I wish I had just swapped it then plus I would have retain the ic waterspray.

Getting close to xmas so will have to wait until new year to have it painted. The guy I used last time is pretty fully booked?

Once its all done will need to get a full alignment then I can think about modding it.

Done anything else to yours, I know you need one main thing hope you have sorted it.
btw the bonding seal would be useful.
I will try calling you before the weekend.

Ticky
Old 12 December 2005, 10:57 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Gives a call, and Ill pop round next week sometime, getting the car serviced Saturday so more money spent and I need new tyres, funny how things all happen just before xmas when Im broke.