Styling Exterior styling

respray help?

Search this Thread

Old 25 April 2005, 11:51 AM
cree-r6
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question respray help?

Hi there i swapped my 99 R6 for a WRX wagon as baby on the way.. problem is it lookes as though it has been mopped to harsh and darker paintmarks come throgh.not my doing!look's like greasy chip hand marks!! its a mica blue, and i was wondering two things..1,what is a decent price for the same colour respray? (would i need to do door sills etc?)............................................. ....
2,would i be able to spray a two tonned laqour over the top of the car as i would like a blue/green or blue/purple affect? romford essex so loads of sprayers about but up for recomendations please...thank's
Old 27 April 2005, 10:17 PM
daz man
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by cree-r6
Hi there i swapped my 99 R6 for a WRX wagon as baby on the way.. problem is it lookes as though it has been mopped to harsh and darker paintmarks come throgh.not my doing!look's like greasy chip hand marks!! its a mica blue, and i was wondering two things..1,what is a decent price for the same colour respray? (would i need to do door sills etc?)............................................. ....
2,would i be able to spray a two tonned laqour over the top of the car as i would like a blue/green or blue/purple affect? romford essex so loads of sprayers about but up for recomendations please...thank's
a two tone or flip colour which i think is what you're after goes over a base colour and is then laquered over.You should be able to have a respray w/o doing door shuts.
Old 28 April 2005, 04:08 PM
cree-r6
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by daz man
a two tone or flip colour which i think is what you're after goes over a base colour and is then laquered over.You should be able to have a respray w/o doing door shuts.
that would probably cost a bit to have the flip paint eh! a decent respray it is then... thankyou for your reply and help!!!