Styling Exterior styling

MY 03 STI Corner Splitters ?

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2004, 12:46 PM
G TOMO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY 03 STI Corner Splitters ?

I have the corner splitters for the STI 8, and would like to fit them to my MY 03 WRX, but, they have various clips & fasteners sticking out which would meen me drilling 3 holes & cutting 3 slots in each side of my front bumper.

This task is a little dawnting, and it would be a great help if I could see what the STI bumper looked like with the splitters removed, a closeup of the holes & slots would be great if anyone has one or could take one.

Or, ..... has anyone cut the clips off & stuck them on with some SUPER STICKY stuff

Any help or comments would be good,

Thanx,
Old 08 February 2004, 03:11 PM
jon17
Scooby Regular

G TOMO

Sorry I cant help, but could you tell me where you got them from and how much you paid for them?? (Are they sprayed??)

Cheers

jon17
Old 08 February 2004, 04:26 PM
JIM THEO
Scooby Regular

...Or, ..... has anyone cut the clips off & stuck them on with some SUPER STICKY stuff...
Yes I did it on mine, I used very stronge 3M two part epoxide adhesive in the middle and Bayer elastic glue (same with what used on windscreen) in the edges in order to avoid air going inside and unstick them, perfect results and tested at 260km/h more than three times.
JIM
Old 09 February 2004, 11:46 PM
G TOMO
Scooby Regular

jon17,

I got them from Midland Birmingham Subaru (but anyone should do !)
They were £52 each, & yes they come painted up.
If you don't have an STI, and you give them your chasis number, they will tell you that you can't fit them on a WRX.

I have fitted mine, and they look & fit perfect.

I drilled a series of holes in the crease in the bumper, then made them into slots with a craft knife & a file (to square them up & make them look neat).

There are also three "popit" type fasteners that would need holes drilling in the front of the bumper, but I didn't fancy doing that, and removed the clips from the back of the splitter.

I pressed the splitter clips into the slots I had made in the bumper, (they are a very tight fit and will not be coming off again !) then I used cable ties to fix the bottom of the splitter to the bumper, they worked fine & are well hidden behined the splitter.

All in all the job took me 4 Hrs to do, but it took me 3 Hrs for the first one & 1 Hr for the next, once I knew what I was doing.

I get my Fog covers in a few days & then the front will look complete

Last edited by G TOMO; 09 February 2004 at 11:49 PM.