Notices
Styling Exterior styling

LOGO'd scoop's

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2004, 10:50 AM
DJ73
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
didn't get a chance to see them,locked that quick,if you missed it please use clicky clicky,

****edited to remove offending link - see post below****

[Edited by chiark - 1/14/2004 8:46:13 AM]
Old 13 January 2004, 08:17 PM
J C
Scooby Regular

cheers dj, i'd replied to the first thread and seen it but i hadn't seen the site, i quite like the style 5 scoop with the badge in :-)
Old 14 January 2004, 08:45 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

These do look good, but are using copyrighted and trademarked logos. This point is not up for debate. STI could argue that the manufacturer is passing off, and trading on the STI name by suggesting that these are STI items, even if it is clear that it is not your intention to try to do anything illegal, immoral or fattening.

Scoobynet cannot be used as a conduit for selling these things either directly or indirectly by posting a link to the manufacturer's website.

I am aware that there is stuff in Scoobyshop that could fall into the same category, and I have asked for those items to be removed.

These products will cause Scoobynet problems whether they are in the shop, or whether a link to the maker's site is posted. Please do not post these again. The reasons for the request are simple enough to understand - Scoobynet could end up in hot water allowing promotion of legally questionable goods. PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT ACCUSING FUNDIMENTAL OF DOING THIS, but as a question has been raised, we have acted.

I know someone will ask the question, so let's deal with it:
"What about posting a picture of a car with one fitted?"

My interpretation is that this is allowable. However, if the copyright holder or IPR protector complains then we would evaluate their request and may act.

Regards,
nick.

[Edited by chiark - 1/15/2004 10:06:43 AM]