Notices
Styling Exterior styling

different shades!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 16 June 2003, 11:04 PM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went to get some paint today to spray my newly accuired Prodrive spoiler from the NBO and found out that Deep Blue Mica colour code 95H has 3 varying shades for the year 2000. There is nothing really for the naked eye to see different but this could explain why my skirts look very slightly different in colour, even though a very good Mercedes body shop has mixed and sprayed them.

I telephoned Subaru but they couldn't help with which shade it was as it was the 95H code shade and that's all they know. Strange how the computer in this paint shop and the colour cards have 3 shades of 95H. Just one of lifes little mysterys i guess.

Cheers James.
Old 17 June 2003, 10:07 AM
dnb
Scooby Regular

The only thing you can really do is compare the colour cards to your car. There's at least 2 shades of green listed for mine - one is a bus ride out for my car... (and I can't spray well yet, which doesn't help either...)

Don't forget that paint does fade over time, so it can be difficult (but not impossible) to get things matched by just the colour code.
Old 19 June 2003, 10:18 PM
mikey5T
Scooby Regular

Location: from an MY00 to a WR1 driving around sunny Staffordshire
Thumbs down

I got a stone chip paint pot from subaru for the very same colour as you. Its completely the wrong shade of blue, in fact it almost looks black. I used it to paint the inside of my headlight protectors to make them look like eyebrow spoilers. From a distance they look a pretty similar colour but close up its a mile off.

Mike